• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Yeah, pretty good.

MedX tested the strength of thousands of people using specific equipment back in the 80's, some really interesting things where discovered that never really made the light of day.

1. testing the lower back for example they noted that the strength of some subjects increased as they progressed into a set, mid way through the set, they actually became stronger.

2. A person with predominantly fast twitch % of the lumbar where much stronger in fresh strength but fatigued much quicker compared to a person with the opposite % of twitch fibers.

this sort of testing could be used to benefit workplace.

with a mixture of reps over years it is possible to become much stronger than ever, and although it is impossible to change the % of slow and fast twitch it is possible to exercise in a way to strengthen both using a combination of TUL over time.

you talk it up alot silverback, so much so you'd think your a bodybuilding pro.

if your not, then theory is only theory, and results speak for themselves. everyone is different, and do what gives you results. 5-10yrs of bb training you should instinctly know what works and what doesn't for YOU.

science is just what works for average joe with minimal training history.

the difference between an average gym rat and someone who succeeds, is someone who sorts through the bs and fine tunes their own body with what works best for them. not what the textbook says works for a study of 100 non-trainers.

and the same goes for food. figure out what works for you, its not hard.

the difference between an average gym rat and someone who succeeds, is someone who sorts through the bs and fine tunes their own body with what works best for them. not what the textbook says works for a study of 100 non-trainers.

and the same goes for food. figure out what works for you, its not hard.

CT, like the rest of us you are an average gym rat. You are not a pro BBer, not a pro athlete. You are a guy that goes to the gym because you enjoy it. The definition of an average gym rat.

That's interesting, that's going to make me think, thank you

This is a good video gooby

Look at how he squats. The sticking point is just above parallel. Look at how he is moving his knees... he is shifting the weight forwards in the sticking point taking the load off of the quads and completing the lift faster by getting the hips under the bar.

Here it is again, but heavy:

This is not how you squat to get stronger, it's how you squat to maximise the weight you can squat

Are you a pro athlete.

did i say i was?

so theres only 2 levels in bazza world, gym rat and pro. mmmmyeah. alright.

did you know, its only been 2yrs since Josh Lenartowicz started competing, and him winning 2 back to back pro bb comps in usa?

so he musta been a gym rat 3 years ago. or even 2.5yrs ago.

Last edited:
I saw a few squatters at the pro raw do this, is this drilled in at training these days?

No, most people don't know to coach it. It usually comes naturally I just have a good eye
You can learn it, I did and people I coach do

Weightlifters will also do it:

did i say i was?

so theres only 2 levels in bazza world, gym rat and pro. mmmmyeah. alright.

did you know, its only been 2yrs since Josh Lenartowicz started competing, and him winning 2 back to back pro bb comps in usa?

so he musta been a gym rat 3 years ago. or even 2.5yrs ago.

Josh won the mr natural junior YEARS ago, check your facts

Does It Matter How Many Reps You Do When You Work Out?
If more bodybuilders were aware of "CNSF" instead of the all talked about DOMS, there would be less guess work when designing a bodybuilding program. CNSF stands for Central Nervous System Fatigue. The lower the reps and higher the load, the more stress is placed on one's CNS. Even when the reps are in mid range (8-12 say), but done with an off the wall intensity rather than leaving a rep or so in the tank, would also lead one to regressing instead of progressing. Why? Read on...

With so many bodybuilders not getting their money's worth for the effort they put in in the gym, it's time to focus on the manner of performing the reps in order to minimise on damage and maximize on overall recovery. Again and to reiterate, to over do it in the gym, and then to add to that damage by under-recovering (in all its facets), would be to seriously undermine one's overall progress, be it in strength or muscle gains.

So yes, simply put, it very much does matter how many reps one does in the gym.

i think your preaching to the quior Fadi, nobody wants to listen and learn in todays world (hence my subsequent post was deleted that explained josh himself said he only just did ifbb last year and didn't mention anything about any prev contests, but yeah i didn't research).

people today don't care anymore, they don't wanna put in hard work either. they think standing around slapping eachother on the back is hard work.

results speak for themselves. it SHOWS!
talk is talk.

If more bodybuilders were aware of "CNSF" instead of the all talked about DOMS, there would be less guess work when designing a bodybuilding program. CNSF stands for Central Nervous System Fatigue. The lower the reps and higher the load, the more stress is placed on one's CNS. Even when the reps are in mid range (8-12 say), but done with an off the wall intensity rather than leaving a rep or so in the tank, would also lead one to regressing instead of progressing. Why? Read on...

With so many bodybuilders not getting their money's worth for the effort they put in in the gym, it's time to focus on the manner of performing the reps in order to minimise on damage and maximize on overall recovery. Again and to reiterate, to over do it in the gym, and then to add to that damage by under-recovering (in all its facets), would be to seriously undermine one's overall progress, be it in strength or muscle gains.

So yes, simply put, it very much does matter how many reps one does in the gym.

I've never bought into the theory of cnsf, or burnout from what I've read and experienced it's more to do with the "system" in general as opposed to one thing.

so in a nut shell, I believe it's extremely important to use a combination of rep's over one training life, like Shrek alluded to to in an early post.

I've never bought into the theory of cnsf, or burnout from what I've read and experienced it's more to do with the "system" in general as opposed to one thing.

so in a nut shell, I believe it's extremely important to use a combination of rep's over one training life, like Shrek alluded to to in an early post.
Sure, use whatever reps you have chosen for yourself/your goal. However all my message has really said is be mindful of the "how" you use those reps. That is all. No one here is disputing the fact that one needs different reps or that there is a benefit, a different kind of benefit to be found within a particular rep range. It's all in how you perform those reps that would result in a positive or a negative outcome.

The reps themselves are not the issue here, as there is nothing inherently wrong or bad built within a particular rep. It's how, or what kind of intensity one applies whilst using a particular set of reps that would see him lift a weight above head, or (as we've just witnessed at the 2015 weightlifting world championships)...the weight gets cleaned, and jerked above head, yet suddenly falls down, leaving the lifter with a puzzled look on his face. It has happened to me in a comp back in the early 80s, and it's still happening to lifters today in 2015. That is what you and I refer to as "system" fatigue., and that's what I've been referring to when talking about CNSF.