• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
Coconut water seems to be the flavour of the month and costs about $5 per litre at Coles and Woolworths out where I live, not sure if cheaper in the city, I quite like it, bought a few litres a little while back when they had a half price special at Coles a few weeks ago. I just drink it straight up ice cold, it's nice to have a ice cold glass after a walk in the heat with the dogs.

I generally don't have milk any more as I don't really need the extra cals, generally have almond milk or coconut milk or water in shakes I like the taste not too keen on soy milk, never really drank milk anyway, but did use it in shakes.

Not a baby cow so don't need milk....

Last edited:
Coconut water seems to be the flavour of the month and costs about $5 per litre at Coles and Woolworths out where I live, not sure if cheaper in the city, I quite like it, bought a few litres a little while back when they had a half price special at Coles a few weeks ago. I just drink it straight up ice cold, it's nice to have a ice cold glass after a walk in the heat with the dogs.

I generally don't have milk any more as I don't really need the extra cals, generally have almond milk or coconut milk or water in shakes I like the taste not too keen on soy milk, never really drank milk anyway, but did use it in shakes.

Obviously it would be silly to pay ripoff $5/litre so best to wait til its on special like you mentioned. Like today I was at Farmer Jacks and picked some up for $2.99, a manager's special. To think its only 0.60 at Thailand and it comes in a whole coconut to boot! Scoop the flesh out after sucking it dry.

I have trouble paying any price for Almond milk, rice milk, cashew or whatever nut milk in season at the moment - apparently there is only like 5 nuts in each pack so the markup is bloomin' ridonculous.

Today the most nutrituous thing I placed in my shake had to be a cup of antioxidant berry mix which include a combo of goji, rasp, blue, and cran berries. That tasted pretty damn delish.

So you don't drink milk because you are not a baby cow (it's called a calf). But you drink coconut water, so does that mean you are a growing coconut plant.

I think Mick is talking about the carton type coconut milk not the canned coconut milk, which is considerably higher in fat and cals (and taste).

http://www.sanitarium.com.au/produc...oconut-milks/so-good-coconut-milk-unsweetened

http://www.ayam.com/coconut-regular/349-coconut-milk-140ml.html

Yes, I have it as I like the taste in the shakes, not overpowering, nice with choc flavoured protein, not so nice with fruit IMO.

http://www.sanitarium.com.au/produc...oconut-milks/so-good-coconut-milk-unsweetened

Can even try this for 18 cals per 100ml, have not tried it:

http://www.sanitarium.com.au/produc...s/so-good-almond-and-coconut-milk-unsweetened

Add something green, always a good idea. Kale, Spinach and Silverbeet are both loaded with micronutrients are a must have.
Or something red. Beets, Capsicum are awesome, Vitamin K is always a good thing if you love your carbs.
You can disguise any bad taste with enough raspberries, strawberries, blueberries, etc.

What is the single most nutritious thing to ad to a nutri bullet shake every morning? I'm talking packed full of the most minerals/victims one food could possibly have.
If you're after vitamins and minerals, then add a single leaf of kale, or a teaspoon of beetroot powder. But why stop there, and why not look at one item that Lebanese people have (almost) on a daily basis, that tops all other food ingredients when it comes to its ORAC value. ORAC stands for Oxygen Radical Absorbance Capacity, basically an antioxidant/free radicals killer.

Sumac, that's the ingredients, readily available at any Lebanese (or Turkish) shop. It's a bit on the lemony side, but tastes delicious...and tangy. To give you a comparison between it, and a food everyone is familiar with, I'll compare it with the famous blueberry.

Sumac ORAC value ........= 312,400
Blueberry ORAC value ....= 9,621

Bit of math for you: for 100g of sumac, you'd have to eat 3.2kg of blueberries. Or, put differently, for every 100g of blueberries, you'd only have to have 3g of sumac!

If you don't wish to go there, you can opt for something that is familiar to you (maybe!), and use it when your drink calls for something sweet instead of savory. Here I'm talking about that famous spice cinnamon. I wrote "maybe" between two brackets because most (if not all people) are not really buying cinnamon when they think they are buying cinnamon. The only cinnamon that is a true cinnamon is the one that originates from Sri Lanka and not China or Indonesia. One gives you liver problem and does nothing for your blood sugar, and one looks after your liver and helps with stabilising your blood sugar (insulin) levels.

The cinnamon you want is called: Cinnamomum Zeylanicum, aka Cinnamomum Verum. Its stick form has many layers and is overall paper thin in comparison with its woodier looking counterpart.

The cinnamon you don't want is called: Cinnamomum Aromaticum or Cinnamomum Cassia, aka Cassia cinnamon or Chinese/Indonesian cinnamon. The word Cassis should be your clue not to buy. Oh, nearly forgot. Your ORAC value for the cinnamon per 100g is rated at 131,420. Nothing to sneeze at no matter how you look at it. Also like to add, that cinnamon acts as an antimicrobial agent, also inhibiting the growth of fungi and yeast (great if you suspect a candida overgrowth [white tongue] due to having some processed food such as white flour pasta etc., or taking some antibiotics that have played havoc with your microbiome (the health of your gut flora etc). I'll leave it here. Thank you.

true-cinnamon.jpg

Cassia on the right, cinnamon on the left.
Absolutely correct thank you sir. I've described the difference in the post, however you've made it a lot easier for everyone to quickly distinguish between the two. Thanks again :)

I believe, but may be incorrect that cinnamon always rolls from one edge but cassia rolls in from both edges giving that double roll look.

I believe, but may be incorrect that cinnamon always rolls from one edge but cassia rolls in from both edges giving that double roll look.
Wow great...yet another spot on observation sir! I've always (and only) noticed the thickness and number of layers between the two, but your way of observing makes it easier to tell them apart. I appreciate both your keen sight and insight in this matter. Thanks again.

Sumac??
51DL62T6-qL._AC_UL320_SR206,320_.jpg

Used to always have sumac on my toasted Turkish bread. Delicious...didn't know it was so good for me