• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
T

tatugirl

Hi I'm new to this forum :)

I'm 24 year old female, 154cm and 43kg. I was 13 weeks prem and I'm looking for a way to put on weight. I am currently going to the gym 5 days a week (weight training legs and arms/chest) and I take Mega Grow protein. I have always found it hard to put no weight no matter if I even eat a lot of junk. Just wondering if I could get some tips on food, what to do at the gym etc
I know everyone will be different and it's also hard without seeing what I can do at the gym

Thanks
Tynika

Welcome to the forum.
What kind of workouts are you doing at the gym?
Resistance or cardio?
How much food are you eating?

I do weight training, I've read you don't do cardio but then some say you do. I was tracking my food yes

I do weight training, I've read you don't do cardio but then some say you do. I was tracking my food yes

IMO there is nothing wrong with moderate amounts of cardio, it can be a good thing, but if you are really struggling to put on weight maybe cut it out for a couple of months or minimise it. The only way to put on weight is to consume more. Get your protein and fats in and then increase your cals through carbs (mainly). Remember, a lot of people would love to have this problem :D I find tracking what I eat is essential so you know where you're at and what you need to do. There's too much room for error if you are guessing. BTW how long have you been training for?

Uh Hello tatugirl, I look forward to seeing a lot more of you around here and checking out your progress. So you were tracking your food.. but not anymore? Maybe its time to reactivate that MFP profile

I've been going to the gym for about a month now, protein shakes have been about 2 weeks. I think I get around 1800-2000kj a day (I've deleted app so can't be sure) the reason why I deleted it as I was told not to bother tracking [emoji53] I'm trying to get every 4hrs, breakfast, fruit 4hrs after, lunch then nuts 4hrs after then it's gym and dinner about 7. Um every second day is legs and the other days are chest and arms

surprised you have enough energy to get out of bed on 1800kj....

Sure you don't mean Cals?

Also I see you aren't doing any back realated workout?

I'm not sure sorry as I've deleted app now, um yeah I do back and arms together then legs another day

1800kj is only one small meal so we'll assume it's calories :cool: I would have thought that was a reasonable starting point for someone of your bodyweight, but it may be worth tracking what you are eating for a week or two just so you know what you are actually eating. You may be surprised. Bear in mind that if you have only been back in the gym for a month or so you may experience weight loss initially, especially if you'v been inactive for a while. I would confirm that you're actually eating 1800-2000cal and persist for a few more weeks before making any sweeping changes. How many times do you repeat each workout per week? Are you having rest days?

Yeah unfriend the person that told you not to 'bother' tracking because he/she obviously was becoming overly jelly and does not want you to succeed! Intuitive eating isn't working for you otherwise you wouldn't be asking Q's here so like erryone is suggesting its time to reactivate MFP so you can confirm whether you're legit eating 1800-2000cals.
Also are you following a program or just going by 'feelz'?

Merry Christmas :) just wondering does anyone use Pre Workout stuff?

Good news I've put on 4kg since gym

Merry Christmas :) just wondering does anyone use Pre Workout stuff?

Good news I've put on 4kg since gym
Well done on the weight gain.
Yes lots of us use pre workouts around here. Check the supplement section.

Last edited:
Well, considering less than two months ago you were struggling to put on weight whatever you're doing seems to be working.

There's heaps of different types of pre work out, I've heard APS and Thermonuke is good, though my sister who takes them is after weight loss so I don't need anything for weight loss or will they be fine?