• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Admin

Administrator. Graeme
Staff member
Do you view working out a lifestyle/passion or do you just do it to stay in shape?

I was thinking aerobics and dieting and how it is making people fatter about these people that go on these diets where thay restrict certain food types whether that be carbs or protien or whatever and the only exercise they do is a cardio based or influenced workout, that includes working with kettlebells and shit like an event and not a structured hard proggressive resitance program.

The first thing that happens is they lose water *muscle tissue* and some fat , get to their required level, continue their workout protocol, because they have lost weight so quickly it doesn't give time to adjust, get hungry and the fat returns, but what's worse is the muscle has'nt, so essentially they become fatter, this practice cycles over many years.

I view "the workout" as the sole means to extend life, you workout like your life depends on it, because it does.

It moves our body, it enables us to do the things we enjoy whether that be riding a bike, walking, sailing, biulding a house, play footy, powerlifting and so-on.

This is a passion for me, it saved my life many times.

I was thinking aerobics and dieting and how it is making people fatter about these people that go on these diets where thay restrict certain food types whether that be carbs or protien or whatever and the only exercise they do is a cardio based or influenced workout, that includes working with kettlebells and shit like an event and not a structured hard proggressive resitance program.

The first thing that happens is they lose water *muscle tissue* and some fat , get to their required level, continue their workout protocol, because they have lost weight so quickly it doesn't give time to adjust, get hungry and the fat returns, but what's worse is the muscle has'nt, so essentially they become fatter, this practice cycles over many years.

I view "the workout" as the sole means to extend life, you workout like your life depends on it, because it does.

It moves our body, it enables us to do the things we enjoy whether that be riding a bike, walking, sailing, biulding a house, play footy, powerlifting and so-on.

This is a passion for me, it saved my life many times.

I like this view, this is how I always viewed working out, you get in there and hit it like your life depends on it, like a fight/battle for your life, I think this is why the odd training partner I've had over the years hasn't lasted long, they don't like to work that hard.....l love it.