• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
Beckles was in his 60's and still competed in the Olympia.
f8875fe6c3b00eb15e60647ec4f8b25c.jpg

It all boils down to this: the ratio between the size of a muscle cell and the number of nuclei that it has. You see, the use/abuse of anabolic steroids leads to a higher number of myonuclei than what can be achieved naturally. When a muscle has been subjected to deloading, or to resting and consequently shrinking, as the case has been with Kevin (since his retirement from the sport)..., when he resumes training, as we're currently seeing the former champ doing, he will quickly return to his previous muscle size and strength. Why is that? Because the muscle is simply seeking to maintain the relationship between the number of nuclei and its size, hence it will respond quickly to stimuli.

All of us here on Ausbb know that it takes less time to recover lost muscle mass than it takes to surpass one's previous bests in muscle mass. Some prefer to refer to it as simply being a case of muscle memory.

If anyone is interested in this deep muscle building/re-building topic, and how one needs to activate those dormant stem cells/satellite cells located in the vicinity of muscle cells etc...., please type the following into Google: Ingrid Marie Egner on muscle hypertrophy.
He resumed training late last year. Is it enough time.
Time will tell.

He resumed training late last year. Is it enough time.
Time will tell.
Yes Adrian, it's plenty of time in fact. I really want him to do well, and I genuinely do not feel that 51 is old or over the hill or anything of that nature. Sure, he would need to resort to some "vitamins", but so is everyone else on that Olympia stage. I believe it's going to boil down to one extremely critical factor here re PED, and that is "guts! Do you have it within you to use these substances as they ought to be used in order to achieve a certain look, or will you (based on your age) and from a psychological point of view, "chicken out" by holding back, as we've witnessed Samir do when he tried a comeback once. I've got a feeling that Kev has what it takes (on the inside) to go all out and do some real damage on stage, even to people half his age or at least 15 years younger.

If JW is referring to Kevin not achieving his former glory, my question would be, are you referring to muscle mass or muscle quality Johnny, or both perhaps?

about what he says about being healthy before olympia then after..according to him he only ever used like 1 shot of deca pre contest.