• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Admin

Administrator. Graeme
Staff member
STRENGTH WARS PUTS 66KG CALISTHENICS ATHLETE MATTHIAS AGAINST 75KG POWERBUILDER KORAY – WHO WILL WIN?

Gym21.jpg
Gym1.jpg
Calisthenics athlete and German champion Matthias challenges Powerbuilder Koray, who represents a mix of powerlifting and bodybuilding. Strength Wars #5 is the following: Deadlift 120kg 20reps – Pull Ups +20kg 20reps – Squat Clean 50kg 15reps. So here we go! Who do you think will win? Leave your thoughts in our comment section now.

I personally would not compare the strength of these two strength athletes, as I find it incomparable. As a former gymnast back in 1972 (from age 7 to 12) before I took up Olympic weightlifting at the age of 15, the key to my strength increases came through the decrease of my bodyweight leverage. In other words, gymnasts decrease leverage to increase strength. Strength through lifting weights comes through increasing the weight and / or other factors such as reps and sets that relay to the intensity of the overall lift. A totally different approach to strength gaining which I do not find to be comparable in the scenario presented here by "strength wars". My two cents :)

Here's an elbow lever : 5DLqT[1].jpg

And here's a supported planche (using the bench as an added leverage to make it a bit easier) : planchelean[1].jpg

And here's the planche whilst taking away that leverage (decreasing it if you will): shutterstock59201575[1].jpg

Last edited:
Ghay Wars. Coming to a gym near you. Cos kuntz are too scared to compete on a platform so gotta do retarded shit in the gym.

Anyone notice the "Bodybuilder" dude was wearing a Rich Piana 5% wrist band. Other dude wins by default! :D

Would anyone who wasn't geared wear a Rich Piana 5% wrist band???

PowerBuilder: too smart to fuck up their body with constant 1RMs. Not so vain that they train for aesthetics! :p

Once he gets his noggin shaved, grows a ridiculous beard and a huge gut, then he can call himself a PL
Did I just say that out loud?

Once he gets his noggin shaved, grows a ridiculous beard and a huge gut, then he can call himself a PL
Did I just say that out loud?

I've never understood how this became to become the meme of powerlifting, I haven't seen many powerlifters who are fatter, have longer beards or shaved heads than myself.