• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Shrek

Fucked up Kunce
I'm sitting through 2 days of First Aid training.
Who here has it? If not, why not?
Has any one applied it in a real emergency other than a minor cut or similar?

Used to always have to redo mine every 2 years or so.
Touch wood, haven't had to use it for anything life threatening

I've used mine a few times, I patrol beaches and was part of a CPR revival once plus a fair few cuts, stings, bruises, etc.
Had a little old lady fall off a train and get a massive black eye, not being able to see.
Also, spent time around Gippsland camping when a rotten banksia tree feel on a woman and hit her on the head and right in the crotch.

Yep.

Kept someone alive long enough for ambos to arrive and take over. Those guys don't get paid anywhere near enough to deal with that shit everyday.

yep.

Late teen female, OD. She survived.

The optimist in me says she turned her life around after that, the realist unfortunately knows better and the pessimist beat the first guy to death years ago.

yep.

Late teen female, OD. She survived.

The optimist in me says she turned her life around after that, the realist unfortunately knows better and the pessimist beat the first guy to death years ago.

Did you know her? Did you feel compelled to perform CPR?
Why are you associating with drug users of this kind?

I had a man at work tear his nose off when he fell against the shelves. I never renewed my first aid but keep up to date with CPR.
Recently did a 1hr snake bite course due to how much time we spend out on our property.

Pulled a women out of a machine where she had caught and partially de gloved her hand I had to use a hacksaw to free her.
first aid came in handy

had to perform cpr on a colleague on the doors, he died

had to do cpr on a girl another time who lived. then done endless patch work on people who have hurt themselves in clubs etc

also trained as a wilderness emt when i was living in africa

had to perform cpr on a colleague on the doors, he died

had to do cpr on a girl another time who lived. then done endless patch work on people who have hurt themselves in clubs etc

also trained as a wilderness emt when i was living in africa
How did he die? Blow to the head?

I've had current first aid for as long as I remember. I've done it for security licence, army, linesman (power lines) and now fire brigade. I still get surprised when people say they have never done any first aid training. My dad was a scout leader and has 4 sons so he was always patching kids up and I assumed everyone knew that stuff.

Apart from my kids I don't think I've done anything that qualifies as first aid. Generally at MVAs we have ambos there and even have ambos and industrial ESOs in our brigade so the stuff we do is a bit beyond first aid.

Any time I do first aid training I make a point of asking what the latest treatment is for snake bites. I live near a river and working on power lines in the bush we saw a few snakes around. At least when there's a fire the snakes tend to fuck off quick smart.

Had to get 1st aid cert to join the ambo's. Lost count the amount of times I've done cpr etc....when I went back at a later stage to renew cert, they told me I couldn't use my job skill set to rpl, and would have to resit the two day course again.....

not long after I'd done my first aid course, a guy was cutting up the footpath out the front of a job I was at and the path collapsed! He fell about 2m into some type of huge drain pipe!
I ran over, took my ladder and went down to him, he had THE BIGGEST cut on his leg id ever seen, bone and all. I just said I'm a first aider and you'll be ok. Asked if he could move, he said yes, and climbed out of the hole using my ladder, which was by now COVERED in blood.
He sat down, i was wincing at the cut on his shin, and he kept saying, i think ive broken my leg. BUt i was like 'nah, you just climbed a 6 foot ladder, you'll just need a few stitches'. By this time the builder had rung an ambulance and the bloke was taken away soon after.

What is toxic gas was present in the drain? You and him would've been gonski.
In that instance you probably should not aply first aid, just call emergency services.
I know you had good intentions but self preservation should come first.