• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
Yeah I heard one story where the initial victim was the only survivor while the first and second rescuers didn't make it due to irrespirable atmosphere.

I don't think confined spaces has been covered in any of my first aid courses though.

What is toxic gas was present in the drain? You and him would've been gonski.
In that instance you probably should not aply first aid, just call emergency services.
I know you had good intentions but self preservation should come first.

self presivation aka being a selish gutless kunce?

Yep,

Knew a work mate that pretty much smashed a window of a burning car, was able to bend the plastic off around the entrapped female driver, pull her out just in time, and saved her life. He then got hauled over the coals by the bosses for putting his own life at risk. His answer, "I've watched one person burn to death, I'm not watching another"!

You're a tool JW.
Confined spaces are not to be entered without proper atmospheric testing and the correct PPE and rescue equipment. You try to sound tough but in reality it's not.

Last edited:
You're a tool JW.
Confined spaces are not to be entered without proper atmospheric testing and the correct PPE and rescue equipment. You try to sound tough but in reality it's not.

Tell that to the gerbils...

gerbils.jpeg

If the guy in the pit/confined space is breathing and alert I'd probably get in or help the guy out (such as the example by Taurus) but its still a risk.

An unconscious victim, yeah, I'd be thinking before acting because I don't know if he bumped his noggin or passed out from lack of oxygen.

He may have bumped his head but that doesn't mean the atmosphere is still at safe to enter.

Numerous examples of "men" who follow other "men" into confined spaces and don't come out, JW

Being dead from an act of bravery or stupidity might make the newspaper article read better but it doesn't do much for affecting the outcome.

The point of helping someone is to actually help them, not make things worse by flexing your Alpha and fucking it up.

Probably enough of bashing of JW, it's easy in hindsight to do the self preservation thing first, however, in reality, sometimes adrenaline/instincts take over.

I've experienced both, from quickly assessing a situation and going in, to holding back and doing nothing. Usually whatever you do, someone will find/think something about your actions was wrong.

As to the original part of JW's comment, I think the fella fell in a hole outside a house, and whilst its a confined space, most likely not a gaseous environment; but who knows lol. I bet he yelled out to the fella before he lowered the ladder, which could of given an indication as for potential dangers?

Numerous examples of "men" who follow other "men" into confined spaces and don't come out, JW

Being dead from an act of bravery or stupidity might make the newspaper article read better but it doesn't do much for affecting the outcome.

The point of helping someone is to actually help them, not make things worse by flexing your Alpha and fucking it up.
yes

he fell in a hole. calm the fuck down with our health and saftey bs.

clearly done of you have had to regulary put your self in harms way for stranger. if everyone just practied self preservation and considered anything less as "alpha macho bs" the world would be a pretty sad place.

"sorry sir, im not going over the top of the trenches one of those bullets might hit me"

what do you think is better, him risking that there "might" be some gas, or watching someone die and known he did nothing? again i doubt any of you have watched someone die, that shit will haunt you.

Saving someone in a safe environment is different to a potential deadly one. One dead person is better than 2.

yes im sure all 2m holes in the ground are filled with those and are deadly.

stop reading a text book and thinking you know about the real world. this is a classic case of why health and safety is such bullshit, as it deals in worst case scenarios filled with if's, could's and maybe's. when the reality is the worst case scenario will occur once in every 100000 times.

you can try and sugar coat your un-willingness to help anyone else if it might endanger yourself, but the truth it no situation is ever going to be "safe" when it comes to helping someone in need. maybe you should go teach cops and firefighters they are doing it wrong??

i sure hope when im in trouble one day that your not a by stander as you will be sitting shitting yourself and trying to use the rationale that its not "safe" to cover up your cowardliness, as anyone who actually has any experience in the real world will know the worst case scenario is exactly that, and is unlikely to happen.

ive risked serious injury and potential death more times than you have probably had hot dinners, should i not of done it because there was a risk to myself? i mean its just a stranger, who gives a fuck about them as long as no harm comes to myself.

if you are in a position to help someone and you don't, its because your a fucking coward nothing more nothing less and you can justify it how ever you want.

so tell me, how many times have you risked serious injury or death to help a stranger? none? thought so.

ever heard of genovese syndrome? didnt think so,

anyway this is why you better prey there is an alpha in the crowd when you are in need. and trust me ive seen this play out 100s of times.