• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
What lifters knew all along. Lol. Even a broken clock is right twice a day. Seem to forget every all the sups and weird diets that they all got wrong.

Think steve mentioned it but the whole processed meat / red meat thing was a media fuck up. The science is fine but one media outlet fails to understand the research properly and the rest copy that story.

Bowl cancer rates went from 5% to 6%. Low enough just to be statistical noise. Not to mention that those with diets high in processed meats are probably likely to be people that exercise less, drink and smoke more. They supposedly accounted for that in the research but it's such a small difference it's essentially means there is no difference. eat up on the bacon.

What lifters knew all along. Lol. Even a broken clock is right twice a day. Seem to forget every all the sups and weird diets that they all got wrong.

I said, "lifters", not fukwit bros who think that carbs grow muscle, that you must have a shake immediately after workout and site injections make that particular muscle grow.

A real lifter. You know, not like a person who calls themselves a pro photographer because they own a camera. Or a bodybuilder who gets a free tub of protein so are now "pro". Someone who trains with dedication, puts it all on the line in public on a platform. Thats what I mean by a "lifter".

And lifters have known about the importance of fats since forever. Peel back the lid and every single successful body fat loss diet has high protein and fat with low (or lowered) carbs. And bulking diets too. From the GOMAD to personalised weight gain diets, all incorporate a lot of fat.

Like I said. Its been around forever, among lifters. Not Sally-Anne doing her honey and vinegar bowel cleanse.

"Lifters" didn't know shit. Ask 10 different "lifters" what they think the correct diet is and you will get 10 different answers.

No no one knows the ideal way for us to eat. It's so complicated and we change one thing that supposedly is the right way and it has unintended effects elsewhere. Eg antioxidants. We have theory's wth varying levels of confidence and we are going to get closer but it's going to be a long process.

Part of the reason is its so hard to study diet on humans. We know more about the ideal diets for farn animals than humans. We can totally control and study the effects of diets on animals. You can't lock a few thousand humans up for their lifetime, feed them processed meat and see how long they live or dissect them to look at their organs.

what oil you use is going to be fluff around the edges like the processed meat thing a 1 percenter. The bulk of it is going to be, eat a range of foods, the bulk being fruit and veg and don't get fat. Which we all knew all along but it doesn't sell a lot of headlines in todays age of fad diets, superfoods and everything causing cancer.

"Lifters" didn't know shit. Ask 10 different "lifters" what they think the correct diet is and you will get 10 different answers.

No no one knows the ideal way for us to eat. It's so complicated and we change one thing that supposedly is the right way and it has unintended effects elsewhere. Eg antioxidants. We have theory's wth varying levels of confidence and we are going to get closer but it's going to be a long process.

Part of the reason is its so hard to study diet on humans. We know more about the ideal diets for farn animals than humans. We can totally control and study the effects of diets on animals. You can't lock a few thousand humans up for their lifetime, feed them processed meat and see how long they live or dissect them to look at their organs.

what oil you use is going to be fluff around the edges like the processed meat thing a 1 percenter. The bulk of it is going to be, eat a range of foods, the bulk being fruit and veg and don't get fat. Which we all knew all along but it doesn't sell a lot of headlines in todays age of fad diets, superfoods and everything causing cancer.

Agree.
Only I believe the ideal way to eat is something to stay healthy and trim-that is a pretty simple task made complex by industry, that being the "fitness industry"

There is no ideal diet, nutwit, cos the human body is able to adapt and thrive on a huge range of food types and diet types as long as its not full of crap. I never said there was only one diet, I said that lifters have known about the importance of fats for ages.

Sounds like you don't know any real lifters if none of them actively include fats.

e.g.
Comanches, Inuit and others that had either a full zero carb diet or a very low carb diet.
Island nations such as South Pacific polynesian and melanesian people, with a high fish diet with high starch.
European or inland nations with a red meat and wheat or starch diet
Russian peasants and similar with a very high carb diet.

All were able to thrive, grow strong, reproduce and live a "healthy" life on wildly different diets.

Our modern health and obesity issues come from not just a sedentary lifestyle (no one rowing a canoe out to sea, dragging behind a plough or chasing down a bison) but a diet full of crap plus a faddish swing against healthy fats.

But real lifters have known for decades (cos thats about how long "lifters" have been around) that fat is an important part of a healthy diet.

So, ask 10 "lifters" what the ideal diet is and the thing they will all have in common is protein, FAT and lots of green stuff. The actual details of the diet will vary but those basics are there.

As I said, real lifters have known about the necessity of fats since the vague beginnings of strength training. I don't know any real lifters who have a low fat diet. Even the chicken and rice crowd take fish oil.

Last edited:
good to see you are consistent woody. You really battle that much with putting together a decent argument it always ends up in insults.

Plenty of different diets and people stay reasonably healthy doesn't make it ideal. You say it like the zero carb Inuit diet results in no illness. Lol. Also I would bet you put an average Aussie on the Inuit diet and probably wouldnt be as healthy. The Inuit diet likely only works if you are an Inuit.

Diet that is full of crap. Is this from the great lifter university,give a set definition to the crap we are eating. Again ask 10 "lifters" and you will get 10 different answers of what crap food is.

Most "lifters" likely eat too much protein and meat for ideal health but "lifters" would know. Because lifting weights makes you an expert on diet.

Where did did anyone say fat wasn't necessary. Dont try and change the argument to suit yourself.

Why are you now discussing low fat diets. Again trying to change to argument to something that's not even there. In any case go back and see the diets reccomended by "lifters" through the low fat craze. They were basically all on low fat diets as well. They only changed when research started indicating that the whole fat=evil was wrong.

There is no ideal diet, nutwit, cos the human body is able to adapt and thrive on a huge range of food types and diet types as long as its not full of crap. I never said there was only one diet, I said that lifters have known about the importance of fats for ages.

Sounds like you don't know any real lifters if none of them actively include fats.

e.g.
Comanches, Inuit and others that had either a full zero carb diet or a very low carb diet.
Island nations such as South Pacific polynesian and melanesian people, with a high fish diet with high starch.
European or inland nations with a red meat and wheat or starch diet
Russian peasants and similar with a very high carb diet.

All were able to thrive, grow strong, reproduce and live a "healthy" life on wildly different diets.

Our modern health and obesity issues come from not just a sedentary lifestyle (no one rowing a canoe out to sea, dragging behind a plough or chasing down a bison) but a diet full of crap plus a faddish swing against healthy fats.

But real lifters have known for decades (cos thats about how long "lifters" have been around) that fat is an important part of a healthy diet.

So, ask 10 "lifters" what the ideal diet is and the thing they will all have in common is protein, FAT and lots of green stuff. The actual details of the diet will vary but those basics are there.

As I said, real lifters have known about the necessity of fats since the vague beginnings of strength training. I don't know any real lifters who have a low fat diet. Even the chicken and rice crowd take fish oil.

Wow, have a good night tonight with your exploded brain.

good to see you are consistent woody. You really battle that much with putting together a decent argument it always ends up in insults.

Thank you

Plenty of different diets and people stay reasonably healthy doesn't make it ideal. You say it like the zero carb Inuit diet results in no illness.

I didn't say it caused no illness. No diet causes no illness. We all die. Yes, vegans too. Hence the thread title. I said it was close to a zero carb diet and their body adapted just fine. As long as there is protein and fat, they survive and grow.

Lol. Also I would bet you put an average Aussie on the Inuit diet and probably wouldnt be as healthy. The Inuit diet likely only works if you are an Inuit.

Its not racial. Its the body adapting to fuel input.

Inuit at one stage had a "normal" diet back before they stopped migrating across the land bridge to the Americas. They are racially Asian, very similar to the Japanese. You get stuck in the arctic and you gotta adapt to the available food or die. No potatoes grow in the ice, nor do Mars Bars or chocolate cake. Just protein and fat (birds, seals and whales primarily).

But yes, you are right. Surprisingly. If you put the average Aussie on a block of ice with a sharp stick, they probably wouldn't do too well. Especially if there is no internet coverage to post selfies. #Isurvived

In principle, the inuit diet is a keto diet. So yes, Aussies can do it. People with diabetes do it, fat fuks do it and bodybuilders do it. Sheeeeeit. Even I have done it, on numerous occasions with good results. Got stronger too. It's just hard when you have a box of cadbury chocs sitting in the cupboard.

Diet that is full of crap. Is this from the great lifter university,give a set definition to the crap we are eating. Again ask 10 "lifters" and you will get 10 different answers of what crap food is.

Again, you probably don't know any real lifters. Ask any serious athlete what crap is and they can pretty much agree on what that is. That doesn't mean they don't eat crap. We all do at some stage. But they know what it is. Tell the average bonehead not to eat processed food and the first thing they will say is, "Is bread/cake/muffins/ice cream processed food?". They have no idea.

Its kinda like defining what it means to be cheating on your wife. We all know what that means. But that may not stop you from doing it.

Most "lifters" likely eat too much protein and meat for ideal health but "lifters" would know. Because lifting weights makes you an expert on diet.

Thank you.

Where did did anyone say fat wasn't necessary. Dont try and change the argument to suit yourself.

I dont recall ever saying that. The consensus in the media of the last 30+ years is that fat is bad for you. Not unnecessary, but bad for you. Its not.

Why are you now discussing low fat diets. Again trying to change to argument to something that's not even there. In any case go back and see the diets reccomended by "lifters" through the low fat craze. They were basically all on low fat diets as well. They only changed when research started indicating that the whole fat=evil was wrong.

Again, you obviously don't know any real lifters. Was Ed Coen a low fat diet person? How about the strongman competitors at the World's Strongest Man comp. Did they eat low fat yoghurt and 2% milk?

The whole point of this thread was to point out that now the experts are agreeing with what serious lifters and athletes knew all along. Low fat is low health.

Eat a balanced diet without crap with the necessary fats and amino and you are good to go.If you want to argue against that, I can't help you any more.

Love your explaination of lifters knowing what to eat.

Those lifters that get it wrong are not real lifters. Lol. Can you say self fulfilling prophecy.

Again with your expert lifter nutritionist vocab "crap" food. Lol. Please define that.

Good song, I was actually listening to that album (Battle of LA) and other rage albums this afternoon.
Good workout tunes.

Good song, I was actually listening to that album (Battle of LA) and other rage albums this afternoon.
Good workout tunes.

Damn straight. Great album. Saw them live at Flemington Racecourse, Big Day Out. Did some damage in the mosh pit. Epic. Great calf workout too.