• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
D

Do_I_even_lift

Looking to buy a new general purpose barbell to replace my cheap crappy one and I found this one on Gym Direct
Does anyone have any experience with them? I'm in Brisbane so I can't walk into the shop to check it out. Seems like a good deal for a bar with needle bearings. I don't do any Olympic lifts currently but it's something I want to get into soon and I can't afford a decent Oly bar as well as a powerlifting bar.

Edit: Just noticed gymdirect are a sponsor so even better :)

Last edited:
I don't own one so can't comment on quality, but it sure looks purdy and it's well priced, even better with Aus Bb discount. It reads well in the description as a quality item. I'm sure it would hold up to anything you could dish out to it.

Last edited:
Thanks guys. Good to see Gymdirect come on here to answer questions. I think for the price, I can't really go wrong.

I have an old one I use just for squats and deads and had no issues. I dumped it from full height onto my safety bars and the bar doesn't show any issues from it. The safety bar didn't come out as well though.

I've hammered mine for about 4 years and its still going strong

After doing some more reading, I've decided to buy both this bar for Oly lifting and an ABC BOP220 power bar for everything else. Both are so well priced, I just couldn't help myself :)