• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Admin

Administrator. Graeme
Staff member
Is there a certain exercise that doesn't seem to progress, or a muscle group you don't feel is getting stronger?
And do you have a plan to address it?

I hear your snatch is alright...

yeah its improoving erryday mayne -_-
one-arm-dumbbell-snatch.jpg

My weak spot is between my legs, I "address" it all the time but haven't been able to cure it yet.

When I was 20.
The squat had always been an exercise I could not do properly, I could never do a heavy full squat while maintaining the natural curvature of the lower back so I squatted as low as I could which was the half squat ( hip just below parallel) which was alway tricky when I used the maximum weight for low rep's.
when I was 35-40 there was a a lot of of talk on the internet about squatting ATG if you didn't squat ATG you weren't squatting, looking back I believe this to be true

After some time i realized the my body was unable to squat in the position I needed, the shape of my hip and my levers where the issue.

After reading and talking to some people I discovered that to address this I found doing Iso-lateral work on a leg-press was my alternative I was able to bend my knee really deep for the first time I could really feel the glute work, the glute has always been a weak point for me.

Definitely... Love trying new exercises or ones I have not done for years. Love it.