• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Admin

Administrator. Graeme
Staff member
[FONT=droid_sansregular]Anthony Mundine is often regarded as one of the most hated Australian professional athletes of all time.[/FONT]
[FONT=droid_sansregular]But whether you love him or hate him, there’s something to be said about his athletic skill, drive and determination. He deserve’s respect for reaching the top in two unrelated sports, with the odds against him.[/FONT]
[FONT=droid_sansregular]Mundine isn’t fussed that he isn’t like… He cares much more about respect.[/FONT]
[FONT=droid_sansregular]“You mightn’t like me but you’re gonna have to respect me,” Mundine said.[/FONT]
[FONT=droid_sansregular]“I’m the best all-round athlete to ever lace the gloves up. What I’ve done in two sports, no one’s done it.[/FONT]
[FONT=droid_sansregular]“I went from a team sport to a one man sport, the hardest gladiator sport in the world and became the world champion.”[/FONT]
[FONT=droid_sansregular]Mundine believes that he is misunderstood by the average punter. He believes his confidence is often misinterpreted as arrogance.[/FONT]
[FONT=droid_sansregular]“People don’t understand me and what I say. It isn’t about being disrespectful or ego, it’s about bringing the best out of me,” he said.[/FONT]
[FONT=droid_sansregular]“When the lights, camera and action come off, I am a reserved and laid-back type of fella but if you try and take me on in something, whether it’s table tennis or marbles, I am going to go at you.[/FONT]
[FONT=droid_sansregular]“I am going to talk crap to you, try and break you mentally. It’s a bravado you need to get the best out of yourself.[/FONT]
[FONT=droid_sansregular]“I’ve done it since I was 20 when I said Laurie Daley was running on old legs and he was just 26. I was pretty cocky.”[/FONT]
[FONT=droid_sansregular]Mundine says his healthy lifestyle is what has helped him continue at the top, now in his 40s.[/FONT]
[FONT=droid_sansregular]“I never drank, never smoked, and never did drugs. I stayed staunch and to my values and it really helped me preserve and gave me the longevity of doing what I am doing now,” he said.[/FONT]
[FONT=droid_sansregular]“When I fight my motto is go in the ring pretty and come out pretty.”[/FONT]
[FONT=droid_sansregular]After his rugby league career, he had an aggressive body transformation to become a boxer, which he always pays credit to his diet.[/FONT]
[FONT=droid_sansregular]“I played footy at about 86-87kg and today I fight at under 70kg,” he said.[/FONT]
[FONT=droid_sansregular]“It was tough; a lot of hard work, discipline and sacrifices were made.[/FONT]
[FONT=droid_sansregular]“But at the end it’s all down to diet, man. You have to make sure you eat the right foods. I get rid of too many carbohydrates but the hardest thing for me is not being able to eat chocolate.[/FONT]
[FONT=droid_sansregular]“I am a sucker for chocolates. I have such as a sweet tooth.”[/FONT]
[FONT=droid_sansregular]
Read more at http://www.craziestsportsfights.com...thlete-in-australia-3103/#2vl2u8bDG0xjGqgL.99[/FONT]

The hardest gladiator sport in the world? And he says he didn't take drugs? World champion in a sport with how many different organisations with different weight divisions etc? The guy is delusional.

He's tried to copy Ali but fallen short.

One of the most hatest atheletes and just lets it wash off. Maybe Adam Goodes should take a note out of his books, he has put up with 1% what Mundine copped and cops

Ive met Mundine a couple of times & have to say (hate to say), he's a decent bloke in the flesh. His media persona & what he says on camera makes him look & sound like a real dick. I still dont know why he does that, Aussies love a battler & people who are humble, he couldve easily got the public onside by just being honest, humble and winning his fights. We are easily pleased & love a winner. Not a boasting, outspoken winner & sore loser like he comes across. His entourage need to get in his ear & say 'shut the fuck up & just fight'...
i4L2lru.jpg

mundine_zpsc337bc11.jpg

images

I don't have a problem with him. He's a fighter, not a politician. We're not meant to like him.

It's all just media/PR stunts to sell his fights. If you have strong feelings about him or anyone who competes for money, you've probably fallen for their marketing machine.

I don't have a problem with him. He's a fighter, not a politician. We're not meant to like him.

It's all just media/PR stunts to sell his fights. If you have strong feelings about him or anyone who competes for money, you've probably fallen for their marketing machine.

Nicely said and I agree with your sentiment.
His Dad was also a good fighter, Tyson was the best I've ever seen, this man was a lost sole, but I loved watching him fight, not so much Anthony.