• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

0ni

Registered Rustler
Hi
Just going to go over my recent trainings with you, I'm really liking training like this, it's fun and objective

Training split:
Monday - bench
Wednesday - Squat
Thursday - Accessories
Saturday - Deadlift

I might also do extra light sessions
So what I'll do for each lift is work up to a weight that's around a 3RM, or an opener in a meet.
I'll start a little lighter than that though, to build momentum
I'll do 2 reps, I like doubles with this. So I'm leaving a rep in the tank
5 doubles is a great number to aim to hit I find. Just the right weight

The next week I'll either increase the weight, the number of sets or the velocity. I have a push band that I wear around my forearm that tracks the velocity of each rep in real time to my android tablet device that my training partner reads out after each rep so I know when to push and when not to push. The total set up cost $300 including the tablet

When I can't increase the weight, velocity or number of sets I'll switch to another exercise based on my weaknesses. My current favourites are squats in 2 meter wraps, 3 count paused benches with 20kg of chain in total added and deadlifts with a pause just off the ground

How's the lifts in general 0ni? Still at full strength since going cold turkey?

Doing pretty good. Down to 75kg
Look great, feel great. I've been focusing on movement mostly. Moving correctly in each exercise. My squats now look amazing haha I'll take vids next week
With the above protocol, I squatted 5 doubles with 195kg and a 2m wrap (normally 2.5). That's 80% of my best and 5x2x80% is often seen in Sheiko so I'm pretty pleased with that. Especially when I really get stronger in the new techniquw