• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Wesley1

I set out on a journey to work out. The results have been impressive so far. My handwork and resilience has paid me off. One thing though, I have had difficulty choosing what food to take immediately after gym sessions. I subscribe to the fact that a nourished body performs at its best. In fact I have been getting my supplements from http://www.supplemented.co.uk/ and they have never disappointed. Not even once. You can check their products. I have been relying on Whey protein shakes for the past 3 years. If there is anyone out there with a better option kindly let me know.

Thanks,
Wesley1

Pre and post workout foods are no different. In my opinion.
Well for me anyway.. I don't eat much during the day and eat most of my calories post workout and before bed.

Cool, I was thinking shipping must be killing you if you're over here ;)

I follow a similar routine, WPC and some carbs after training and a good whole meal shortly thereafter. Can't go too far wrong.

Shrek, Thanks for reaching out buddy. But i tend to think however, that after exercise is the most important time to feed your muscles. Post-exercise, your muscles are trying to get over the exertion. They seek nutrients to replenish and grow.
Pre and post workout foods are no different. In my opinion.
Well for me anyway.. I don't eat much during the day and eat most of my calories post workout and before bed.

Shrek, Thanks for reaching out buddy. But i tend to think however, that after exercise is the most important time to feed your muscles. Post-exercise, your muscles are trying to get over the exertion. They seek nutrients to replenish and grow.
Yeah. The nutrients that you ate 2-3 hrs ago are refeeding already. ?

Very well buddy. Carb packing was an option when I began but I later opted for a continuously balanced, nutritious diet.
Cool, I was thinking shipping must be killing you if you're over here ;)

I follow a similar routine, WPC and some carbs after training and a good whole meal shortly thereafter. Can't go too far wrong.

When you say carb packing are you meaning concentrating your carb intake around a certain time of day, say pre or post workout?

I find scoffing a nutrient packed meal with all the macros an hour or more before training makes me perform better, longer and with a greater sense of wellbeing immediately after.

Much preferable in my experience than waiting til after to eat, feeling all ratchet and shitty particularly once the stims wear off.

Training fasted? Not even twice.

I find scoffing a nutrient packed meal with all the macros an hour or more before training makes me perform better, longer and with a greater sense of wellbeing immediately after.

Much preferable in my experience than waiting til after to eat, feeling all ratchet and shitty particularly once the stims wear off.

Training fasted? Not even twice.

I'm the opposite. I prefer training on a somewhat empty stomach, otherwise I feel sleepy.

I guess that's how the human body evolved to survive. You would go hunting when you run out of food, then feast on the sabre-toothed tiger.

Why do you feel like a mechanic once your stims wear off?

Lots of milk and wpc then a proper feed around an hour later.

No science, just can't eat straight away but once I settle down I'm hungry as fuck.

I'm the opposite. I prefer training on a somewhat empty stomach, otherwise I feel sleepy.

I guess that's how the human body evolved to survive. You would go hunting when you run out of food, then feast on the sabre-toothed tiger.

Why do you feel like a mechanic once your stims wear off?

Funny how everyone's different in regards to this! I've tried training on empty stomach and I just don't have the energy or strength like I would if full. I like to squat and burp out burrito vapours at the same time. Obviously I avoid eating to the point of getting sleepy so no buffets beforehand or there would be carnage in my compression shorts..

I guess once the stims where off and there is hardly any food in the system I feel what a crackhead must be like, looking for his next score. Which is what the crew at me local AutoMasters look like on Friday arvos!

Morning trainer here. Nothing but coffee.

I will admit I am stronger training in the afternoon after eating, but morning training is a necessity for me now.