• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
No doubt m8.

At his peak, didn't even work up a sweat... Looked like he was going to eat that baby at the start of the clip haha.

He was a great fighter lots of power, but couldn't take a punch, he fought a lot of bums, and when he came up against a fighter that landed one he went down like a baby, Ali as he said was the greatest of all time and I can think of a dozen fighters that Ali defeated that would have stopped Tyson within 5 rounds,If you like the heavyweights watch some of the Old Ali fights not just the Forman Frazer's but some of the lesser known boxers that he fought there was a lot of quality then.

He was a great fighter lots of power, but couldn't take a punch, he fought a lot of bums, and when he came up against a fighter that landed one he went down like a baby, Ali as he said was the greatest of all time and I can think of a dozen fighters that Ali defeated that would have stopped Tyson within 5 rounds,If you like the heavyweights watch some of the Old Ali fights not just the Forman Frazer's but some of the lesser known boxers that he fought there was a lot of quality then.

Yeah, I've got my doubts that Tyson was the G.O.A.T. (Greatest of all Time) too. Style makes fights and certain style fighters like Bonecrusher, Tony Tucker etc made Tyson look average even at his peek. Buster Douglas had that style Tyson didn't like, although Tyson was beyond his prime then though.

Ali wasn't big but could also take a punch and could "dance". Hard to say who would have won. The "bro's" like Tyson though, coz of his physique :p

But Tyson is certainly in contention for G.O.A.T. though.

Ali was magnificent, start a thread about him if you wish.

Him and Tyson where great fighters.

My favourite Tyson fight. Must have watched it over a dozen times. Watch how "the Holy Warrior" (Evander Hoyfield) outsmarts Tyson. Tyson obviously past his prime though.

Yeah, I've got my doubts that Tyson was the G.O.A.T. (Greatest of all Time) too. Style makes fights and certain style fighters like Bonecrusher, Tony Tucker etc made Tyson look average even at his peek. Buster Douglas had that style Tyson didn't like, although Tyson was beyond his prime then though.

Ali wasn't big but could also take a punch and could "dance". Hard to say who would have won. The "bro's" like Tyson though, coz of his physique :p

But Tyson is certainly in contention for G.O.A.T. though.
Ali could take a punch but I think his power was underestimated he knocked out a lot off solid fighter, Tyson was a really exiting fighter in the Heavy weight div, my problem with rating him as a contender as a G.O.A.T is the Quality of his opposition their wasn't any. Buster was the first fighter he faced that wasn't scared of being in the same ring with him and probably the first time he was hit with a half decent punch and he dropped him.
I was always a Holly fan and he was to much for Tyson, Then he gets a chance in the rematch and goes nuts'o
one of the great sporting moment rip offs.
I really don't think he beat a fighter of quality Bonecrusher survived 12 round by hugging him.

But Tyson was very effective punching off the clinch. If you watch that Holyfield fight you see Holyfield being sure Tyson can't work off the clinch and to also get head position so Tyson couldn't get the hooks off cleanly. That's why Tyson bit Holyfield's ear in the rematch coz Holyfield kept asserting head position in the clinch so Tyson couldn't get off. The assertion of head position resulted in Tyson being inadvertently head butted a few times provoking Tyson to bite the ear in the rematch.

That's also why Bonecrusher "hugged" so much.

aserting head position in the clinch, aka headbutting?

tyson was a master of counter attacking off the oppositions jab, almost all his big shots came from this.

aserting head position in the clinch, aka headbutting?

tyson was a master of counter attacking off the oppositions jab, almost all his big shots came from this.

No. Watch the fight. Holyfield doesn't headbutt. But he makes sure his head is not there to be hit off the clinch or for Tyson's hooks or uppercuts.

That Holyfield fight is a very cerebral fight for anyone wanting to learn.

But whether Holyfield could have done it to a Tyson in his prime I don't know.

Holyfield was an absolute warrior and inspiration though. I think he is fucked now. Bit like Ali. Could take a lickin and keep on tickin, just like [MENTION=8399]0ni[/MENTION];

serious? hollyfield uses his head all the time

Watch how he keeps being sure to put his head on Tyson's left shoulder, away from Tyson's right. Watch how as soon as they get into hooking and upper cut range Holyfield makes it a mission to get his head beside Tyson's, until the Ref says break. Yeah, at times it looks a bit like two Bulls clashing heads, but its smart Boxing, not headbutting mate.

Fuck I love this shit. Also watch how Holyfield circles off beautifully. Like a Matador controlling a charging Bull.

Fuck I love the sweet science. I've got a hard on and I gotta sleep :D