• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
Cheers Clive. Not only did Foreman have a massive power advantage over Ali but he also had a reach advantage. Making Ali's achievement all the more impressive!

Ali trained his ability to roll and take a punch through hours of being brutalized in training.

Tyson, Ali, Foreman G.O.A.T? It's a great debate one thing is certain I'd rather watch old clips of them than the Heavyweights of the last 20 years

The golden years of heavyweights, when boxers fought to get out of the shit they lived in, to many other options to make money now, drugs is probably no1 now

One of the things Tyson will unfortunately be remembered for. Still, the first few rounds before the bite were epic. Both fighters came out more active and aggressive than their previous fight.

I liked it when holyfield smashed him. I followed him from his amateur days, but he proved a bit disappointing in end.

To watch as a fighter, clay/ali early on before ban: does not get much better than that in terms of boxing skills for heavyweight.

watched ali-foreman live on tv; ali just went to ropes and absorbed punches until foreman tired himself out. Mental plan and preparation goes a long way in boxing.

watched ali-foreman live on tv; ali just went to ropes and absorbed punches until foreman tired himself out.

They used to televise the HWs on Channel 9 hey. I remember when Larry Holmes fought Gerry Cooney, 9 televised that. Then they stopped televising fights until Tyson fought Berbick, Bonecrusher and Holmes etc.

Those Fenech bouts were televised. Gotta love young Jeffery - en dem eh!

Holy was a warrior I was always a big fan,Tyson rejuvenated heavyweight boxing, a powerful knock out machine,but I don't think he ever proved himself to even qualify in the top 10, early on he only fought very average no name or old Brocken down fighters and when he came up against anyone of quality he crumbled, I think if Gus didn't pass away Tyson would have matured into a great fighter. People that started watching boxing in the 80's would rate him as No 1 and at is best he was the the greatest fighter since th 80's. But in the 70's he doesn't rate in the top 10

Watch how an old washed up Larry Holmes is able to nullify Tyson's offence. Holmes didn't do much offensive damage but he had enough defensive smarts to stay awake until he ran out of legs and Tyson caught him flat footed. If he had of been 10 years younger he mighta beat an "in his prime Mike Tyson". You reckon?

Brutal K.O. though. Don't know if Holmes has woken up yet.

Holmes arm got caught on the rope when he tried to counter just before the final blow.

Holmes arm got caught on the rope when he tried to counter just before the final blow.

Fuck. Never saw that. The right uppercut I assume you mean. Just noticed. Holmes actually looks around lol. Distracted.

Still wouldn't have changed Holmes head position I guess.

never got the obsession with heavy weight boxing tbh. most of it is just sloppy brawls.

give me a pac or ggg fight any day of the week

never got the obsession with heavy weight boxing tbh. most of it is just sloppy brawls.

give me a pac or ggg fight any day of the week

Heavyweights move a lot slower so its easier as a spectator to see what they are doing. Some of the real lighter weights can be just a flurry of activity that doesn't resemble Boxing and very hard to see what they are doing due to how fast they move. That's why I haven't watched much UFC at those new light weights. Even the Womenz UFC at times didn't resemble any real Boxing skill due to their lack of Power and too fast movement.

never heard someone complaining about people punching too fast before..

Those lighter weights in the UFC didn't really resemble Boxing at times. They would walk through punches, turn Southpaw or Orthodox at the drop of a hat, run around like headless chooks on speed. Then they'd just stand in front of each other swinging at 100mph doing little damage.

Used to like the Welterweights and above in Boxing. But Heavyweights, theres also a bit of excitement as one bomb can end a fight.

who is talking about ufc? this is a boxing thread.

not sure how you can paint yourself as some boxing aficionado when you want to watch slow boxing where one punch can end it..thats not really boxing.

here is some lightening skill, this is boxing.

who is talking about ufc? this is a boxing thread.

not sure how you can paint yourself as some boxing aficionado when you want to watch slow boxing where one punch can end it..thats not really boxing.

here is some lightening skill, this is boxing.

even those real lighter weights in Boxing (Strawweight and Flyweight) can sometimes not resemble Boxing, just two whippets standing in front of each other swinging 100 punches at 100mph and doing no damage, like chix fighting

Heavyweights you can see what they are trying to do easier.

But of course, Pacman, Fenech and others were great to watch.