• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Admin

Administrator. Graeme
Staff member
IF YOU’RE a fan of pizza, but the kilojoule count makes you cringe, then try this pre-meal ritual next time you sit down for a slice. It could save your life, and more than 6000 calories.

Blotting your pizza with a napkin before consuming has been a longtime healthy habit for many New Yorkers, but very few know how the simple step could actually save their life.
According to a study conducted by LabDoor Magazine, blotting your pizza with a napkin saves the average person more than 6600 calories each year — which is equivalent to 20 whole slices.
The blotting process is simple. Press down on the slice with a napkin before you eat it, and any excess grease or fat pooling on top of your pizza will be absorbed. According to the study, the process saves almost 5g of fat and more than 40 calories per slice.
06bd1de669ec4bed9ed3d16781552560

Saving calories by blotting pizza with a napkin. Picture: LabDoorSource:Supplied

But many consumers are erring on the side of caution with this study, with some believing the dabbing process couldn’t possibly eliminate such a large amount of fat per slice.
“I’m not a nutritionist, but I don’t believe everything that I hear,” John Goren of Fort Greene told the New York Daily News. “I think people would be blotting it every time if they believed it.”
Nutritionist Kristen Beck said pizza lovers should take the study with a grain of salt. “Sure, dabbing your pizza with a napkin will eliminate oil, but it’s important to be informed,” she said.
“Any pizza with meat will always have more calories, so consumers need to be aware of the toppings you add to your pizza, as opposed to relying on the blot method.
“If your ordering from a big chain, the kilojoule count it’s usually clearly labelled, so it’s easy to make an informed choice.”

What a lot of crap. Everyone knows that you get slim eating pizza by buying diet coke, not regular coke, with your pizza.

Just go somewhere that knows how to make pizza without stupid amounts of shitty cheese.