• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
B

Bigboy

GDay As the title suggests Im Interested in buying some locally made gym equipment , Not being in a position to buy new at the moment as im looking at a kind of Re Hab type of training then to something more. Hopefully . I have managed through ebay and gumtree to find some old samson stuff and looking for any info or even photos of it so I know what to look out for, it was useing google that led me here and noticed some fellas also had faith in this older gear.I did find a few threads on this brand here but the photos are no longer available, also any suggestions on what equipment to actually buy. I used to train at the cabbra police boys when I was young and did boxing as a teen but just got fat and slow these days. The company has long gone now and I just cant find much at all. so any help will be appreciated.If Ive put this in the wrong place or its not what I should be posting just nuke it .its all good.. Cheers Tom

I am currently in the process of building a dedicated shed on my property to set up my gym, the shed will be 12 metres by 6 metres (bit bigger than a four car garage) with a 12 metre by 3 metre awning out the front, and will be full with restored and rebuild Samson equipment, I have collected most things they have ever made, and all is solid and can be bought reasonably cheap on eBay.

Here is my flat bench and home made bar with weights stand, I have had these for 30 years and they are still going strong and I bought then new from Samson back in the day:

$50 on eBay:

Some weights off gumtree:

Dip stand, eBay I think:

This was set up in my old garage mostly off eBay:

Hope this helps, you can't go wrong buying this old gear, it's cheap, strong and safe and will probably outlast you, just keep an eye on eBay/gumtree and the like and you can pick a lot of this gear up cheap, a bit of paint and a few metres of vinyl and it can look like brand new agin for a little work and very little money.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice looking setup [MENTION=8428]Big Mick[/MENTION] ; nice to see you still lurking around too

Some of my old posts regarding Samson Equipment is probably what brought you here, I no longer post here, as it's a waste of time and most people here don't have the faintest idea about training, and exhibit zero common sense for most other things in life, any serious trainers and posters have long ago moved along.

I generally prefer to spend my time training, building cars, training horses, working on my property and living life than arguing with people with the mentality of a common house brick over crap.

I am currently in the process of building a dedicated shed on my property to set up my gym, the shed will be 12 metres by 6 metres (bit bigger than a four car garage) with a 12 metre by 3 metre awning out the front, and will be full with restored and rebuild Samson equipment, I have collected most things they have ever made, and all is solid and can be bought reasonably cheap on eBay.

Here is my flat bench and home made bar with weights stand, I have had these for 30 years and they are still going strong and I bought then new from Samson back in the day:

$50 on eBay:

Some weights off gumtree:

Dip stand, eBay I think:

This was set up in my old garage mostly off eBay:

Hope this helps, you can't go wrong buying this old gear, it's cheap, strong and safe and will probably outlast you, just keep an eye on eBay/gumtree and the like and you can pick a lot of this gear up cheap, a bit of paint and a few metres of vinyl and it can look like brand new agin for a little work and very little money.

How Cool is that. The fella that replied first was the one that as you said brought me here. If you google samson barbells. images. your stuff usually comes up mick, you have built up a nice set up there. and its a credit to you.

I have a few items so far some ive had for years and some that are more recent finds.
When i set things up ill put up some photos .

Mick You mention that you have most of what they made , do you have any catalogs or item lists from the company or is it just from your years of experience around strength training and seeing first hand what Samson equipment was about that has led you to that conclusion.

Those Images that you have put back up are going to help me alot when trying to determine samson from other gear and I do Thankyou kindly for your efforts, As you said it is fairly cheap and not many people seem to want it , with the exception of plates they seen to do ok as most plates do. But its not uncommon to see sellers stuck with gear they cant sell for weeks.

As for you comments on not posting anymore I would like to say that I for one have read many of your posts and find them to be very helpfull and packed with information that has been learned first hand from experience and personal efforts
I can not stand modern gyms and the posers that stand around looking for groupies and talking shit. so if not for people such as your self where else is this information going to come from.

You are a straight shooter Mick and tell it like it is. Men these days don't like that. so ignore them. keep posting.

Thanks Again.

Tom

Thanks for the feed back.

I do have an old Samson price list. No pictures, this was in the 80's, will see if I can find it and I will post it up here, just give me a few days, only just knocked off work an hour ago, busy times here at the moment.

I still have other equipment such as the 4:1 incline bench, flat bench and some other stuff I can't think of, but no photos and it's in storage on my property on the coast at the moment, about 500km away.

Awwww.
How much you leg pressing these days Mick?

Good question, I have no idea at this stage leg press been in storage in my shed for about six months, due to lack of room where I am currently living, in the process of building a house, then a gym.

I mainly used to use it for higher rep stuff, don't like how my back feels with too much weight on there.

Can't wait fore this (building house etc)to be over.

So I am guessing that if something does not feel right in your back when doing a certain exercise you just keep adding weight till you are in the emergency room??

Idiotic comments like these is the exact reason I no longer post here.

I can get more intelligent conversation out of a pot plant, and my time is just worth more than entertaining a bunch of half wits.

So I am guessing that if something does not feel right in your back when doing a certain exercise you just keep adding weight till you are in the emergency room??

Idiotic comments like these is the exact reason I no longer post here.

I can get more intelligent conversation out of a pot plant, and my time is just worth more than entertaining a bunch of half wits.
Is it the Leg Press or your back is f*cked?

That leg press is a back injury waiting to happen, it's probably better suited as a moaring at the bottom of the ocean