• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
Hang for 30 Seconds, Pull-Up
Hang from a bar for 30 seconds. Aside from grip strength, the hanging test might highlight some shoulder and spinal issues.

Can you do that easily? Good.

Now try this: Hang from the bar for thirty seconds. When the timer rings, do a pull-up.

If you can do that, you're not too bad.

Now let's ramp it up.
Without letting go, drop back down and hang for another thirty seconds and do a second pull-up. For the true crazies, let's see who can do 10 of these 30-second hang pull-ups.

Few can.

Gripping is the weak point for most lifters.

Did 3 today. The pull ups are the easy part. Just have to try and switch the mind off when hanging. [MENTION=11621]taurus[/MENTION] ; will piss a set of 10 in

When I read 30 seconds between reps, the first thing that came to mind was

7eb012beaa0419b34562400947b8f2e4.jpg

5. "Go from standing to sitting on the floor without any assistance of your hands, knees, or shins, and then get up without putting weight on any other part of your body other than your feet." WTF?

5. "Go from standing to sitting on the floor without any assistance of your hands, knees, or shins, and then get up without putting weight on any other part of your body other than your feet." WTF?
Harder than it sounds but still pretty easy. Cross your feet and sit down, then reverse. I find that's the easiest way to do it.
But really, all of those things are pretty easily accomplished. I reckon a fit person could do them in a year's worth of training

Harder than it sounds but still pretty easy. Cross your feet and sit down, then reverse. I find that's the easiest way to do it.
But really, all of those things are pretty easily accomplished. I reckon a fit person could do them in a year's worth of training

Have you tried doing this on anything other than a sweaty yoga mat?? I landed pretty heavily using this method lmao, right in front of the morning lycra tribe too.. double embarassment. Plus the only way I could get back up cross legged is to rock in a foetal position aggressively back and forth to garner some momentum haha.

Im probably not doing it right but i found it easier to squat, hang one leg out parallel to the floor then drop on my arse, bring one leg in close and push off with it to stand up again.

Double bodyweight deads might fuck me as well as the 30 second hang then pullup, never tried either.

Fucked if i know, Ill have to google that :D

It was just the most comfortable and easy way to do it for me and I only tried it after reading the link.

I squatted like normal until arse was nearly on the floor then threw one leg out at the bottom. Probably not a real pistol squat but I got bored reading about them so I didnt pay much attention to the technique.