• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Admin

Administrator. Graeme
Staff member
http://therussells.crossfit.com/201...lishing-false-claims-about-crossfit-injuries/

The National Strength and Conditioning Association is asking the public to disregard the claims its study made regarding injuries in CrossFit. After two years of inaction and litigation, the NSCA has finally issued an erratum, or correction, regarding one of its most prominent studies.
The study, “Crossfit-Based High-Intensity Power Training Improves Maximal Aerobic Fitness and Body Composition,”claimed that 16 percent of its subjects cited “overuse or injury” as their reasons for not completing the training. The full text is available here.
Furthermore, the NSCA study employed its alleged injury rate to caution readers about the risks of CrossFit training, explaining,

Did not read.

So, not sure what is being said there. Were they overstating or was the injury rate much higher?

the study fucked up , [FONT=Lora, Georgia, Cambria, Times New Roman, Times, serif]pretty much what it is saying , was the people conducting the study jumped to conclusions and falsely reported the outcomes , their figures were made up , like the old saying goes 87% of all statistics are made up [/FONT]

Surprisingly common in the world of commercial research. Bit like the coke funded research into sugar recently outed.

A lot of research has bias not just a coke study. The supps that people here love to think are giving them the mad gains are hardly immune. A2 milk has come to some dodgy conclusions from their research. You name it and there has been poor research done at some point.
The thing is that as more and higher quality studies are done the answers start to come to the top.

Injury rates for crossfit, I don't really see it as an issue. Crossfit is a sport now and every sport has a risk of injury, some more than others. I would bet that crossfit doesn't have as high injury rates as the footy codes.

Injury rates for crossfit, I don't really see it as an issue. Crossfit is a sport now and every sport has a risk of injury, some more than others. I would bet that crossfit doesn't have as high injury rates as the footy codes.
If you consider it a sport (that's a big if IMO), it's a non-contact sport. Talk about comparing oranges and apples.

I totally agree with this.

If you consider it a sport (that's a big if IMO), it's a non-contact sport. Talk about comparing oranges and apples.

Of course it's a sport. Didn't start that way but there are crossfit competitions now. So yep definitely a sport.

No shit its non contact, I was comparing it to popular sports in this country because people like to bitch about crossfit injuries but it would have less injuries than the popular sports that many people play.

I'm not a crossfit fanboy either, I fucken hate the shit

Of course it's a sport. Didn't start that way but there are crossfit competitions now. So yep definitely a sport.

No shit its non contact, I was comparing it to popular sports in this country because people like to bitch about crossfit injuries but it would have less injuries than the popular sports that many people play.

I'm not a crossfit fanboy either, I fucken hate the shit
The majority of cross-fitters are class members not competitors. Comparing zumba and cross-fit injury rates would be more relevant than cross-fit vs football.

There's a lot of cowboy cross-fit PTs out there injuring their clients.

The majority of cross-fitters are class members not competitors. Comparing zumba and cross-fit injury rates would be more relevant than cross-fit vs football.

There's a lot of cowboy cross-fit PTs out there injuring their clients.

There are lot of wannabe bodybuilders getting injured. You can say the same for any physical exercise. It's not a relevant argument against crossfit. There are plenty of others that are though. Again crossfit is a sport. Is much more of a sport than bodybuilding, which isn't a sport at all.

Last edited:
broaden that mind of yours Baz.You can take bits outta different sports and use them in your training.Plus anyone who has a motor like they do is worthy of respect in my book anyway.Bodybuildings is most definately a sport also.Athletic component+competitive structure=sport.

Private commercial interest has, instead of just making its own study saying what it wants, now compelled independent people to retract their findings. This is very bad.

So, after years of scoffing at Crossfit, T-Nation has come grovelling back, even publishing apology articles. Why? Fukkahs have money and numbers. T-Nation is a supps company and are bending over the pommel horse to take whatever Crossfit can give them. I mean, you would be really surprised if they actually didn't act like cheap whores.

So, how does a sport get money and numbers? By being easy. Take football. Nothing easier than sitting on your arse watching someone else get a head injury. So its very popular, as in, very popular with the general populace. Far more watch than play beyond school sports.

Same with crossfit. Anyone can turn up and get wasted without really trying. Plus its probably more entertaining to watch than powerlifting (boring as shit) or bodybuilding (super boring as shit, and kinda ghay).

When something is very popular, chances are that its either a distraction or you are getting buttfuqed, and not in a good way.

Here's a pic of Juice Ortez from the Sons of Anarch. He knows what its like to be popular....

4d9fa574e5ea9ed6a9dd430188544c03.jpg

broaden that mind of yours Baz.You can take bits outta different sports and use them in your training.Plus anyone who has a motor like they do is worthy of respect in my book anyway.Bodybuildings is most definately a sport also.Athletic component+competitive structure=sport.

I don't have to like any sport and I don't have to take anything from crossfit. They stole all their ideas from powerlifting, strongman, o lifting ect. Not like they have good original ideals anyway.

Some people may get excited by endurance, sure it's an achievement but not my thing. Part of the reason I can't stand AFL these days. Just a bunch of middle distance runners. The true power athletes are pretty much gone from the game.

both the men and women have great bods,and display both power and endurance.things like the oly lifts, ring dips,pullups and box jumps and can be used in powerlifting training too.i dont mind it at all.would i do it? nah.pressing overhead grinds my shoulders too much.my rotato cuffs neg it.