• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
B

brad800

Hey everyone,

Do many people on here use personal trainers? and where do you go to find them?

I have had a few sessions with various PT's (just to help with technique and general programming) but some were unprofessional and really didnt know what was going on.

I have come across a new website helping people find trainers in their local area. which would be cool to see reviews and help guide me in the right direction.

But does anyone have any tips? the personal training market is just flooded right now?

Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Trouble is there is too many!

Personally i have trouble listening to people that dont even look like they train. There some comfort in a fact that they share the same journey and struggle as you may.

I found that for myself they are not viable in my situation for a few reasons:

My shedule

Costing

The fact i have them doesnt yield any real improvment vs not having them

They make you beleive you will fail unless you see them a few times a week forever

IN general a good PT doesn't come at bargain basement prices, why? because they are in demand and of course 99.9% or people want to be trained either between 6-8am or 5-8pm.

supplements are also a waste of money, unless you do not eat a healthy diet. Save your money their too.

just get a basic weights program, and go from there.

Modify from your own experience and other information you learn, but try and keep it basic and consistent. your weights getting heavier with good form will tell the story.

Not so Spartacus. People who think they are bodybuillders but eat 4 meals a day and weigh 85 kg seem to express this ideology. I am not referring to you and bodybuilding is not your priority, but when intake is high supplements are definitely useful.

People sure this wasn't just a post to plug the web site.

bear-trap-460x288.jpg

Not so Spartacus. People who think they are bodybuillders but eat 4 meals a day and weigh 85 kg seem to express this ideology. I am not referring to you and bodybuilding is not your priority, but when intake is high supplements are definitely useful.

repacked, just my opinion.

yes, they can be useful if struggle to eat enough food, but that is it. supplements, like protein powder, is just another form of food. Normally a more expensive option.

Just saying supplements are useful for bodybuilders is meaningless.

What supplements, for what reasons, why are they needed to be supplemented, are they proven to work.

Best supp to spend money on for bodybuilders is vitamin s. The rest you need food, hard work and genetics. If you think the latest glossy bottled supplement stack is significantly contributing to your gains at least you are spending money helping and helping the economy.

I've said it before but supps are for those too scared to get on the gear and use something that actually works.

repacked, just my opinion.

yes, they can be useful if struggle to eat enough food, but that is it. supplements, like protein powder, is just another form of food. Normally a more expensive option.

Yes convenience is a large benefit.

Just saying supplements are useful for bodybuilders is meaningless.

What supplements, for what reasons, why are they needed to be supplemented, are they proven to work.

Best supp to spend money on for bodybuilders is vitamin s. The rest you need food, hard work and genetics. If you think the latest glossy bottled supplement stack is significantly contributing to your gains at least you are spending money helping and helping the economy.

I've said it before but supps are for those too scared to get on the gear and use something that actually works.

Personally I wait at the newsagent for the latest issue of flex and then go straight home and order whatever I see any pro endorsing, as long as it has a glossy bottle. But then again I'm just a cowardly natural bodybuilder.....it's true.

So you haven't said what supps are useful under what circumstances for what people and what reason.

Not protein powder either. It's just food albeit a shitty tasting one.

That's a pretty retarded statement. I don't think being afraid is why people chose not to cheat.

The fundamental reason all of us have an interest in lifting/training is to be healthy and improve general fitness. From there, people branch off into different directions and goals. Unless you're seriously making an attempt to be a top PL or BB, getting on the gear is pointless and detrimental to the first point.

Supplements are just a way to improve diet and to make it more convenient. Totally different ballpark.

That's a pretty retarded statement. I don't think being afraid is why people chose not to cheat.

The fundamental reason all of us have an interest in lifting/training is to be healthy and improve general fitness. From there, people branch off into different directions and goals. Unless you're seriously making an attempt to be a top PL or BB, getting on the gear is pointless and detrimental to the first point.

Supplements are just a way to improve diet and to make it more convenient. Totally different ballpark.

Again please name what supps, why they need to be supplemented, what they are supposed to achieve, has taking higher than normal doses of the sup in question been proven safe and effective.

I'm not saying anyone should get on the gear.

Didn't answer the question and hardly a legitimate, sensible or safe reason to take a supp.

You are the second most closed minded antagonistic prick on this board Baz. Your way of arguing = trolling. Why would anyone bother putting together a comprehensive argument with references to satisfy your trolling? Sometimes your ignorance (or maybe just arrogance) serves you, most of the time you just come across as a dick. Even a broken clock is right twice a day.