• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
i said a foot taller..can u imagine you taking me on at masters powerlifting@93?no didnt think so.

tbh Gerry, I could not give a fuck if you could lift twice as much as me.

powerlifting, for myself, is a fun thing where i test my basic strength.

you probably would have won the challenge i set you at start of year, but I know you are a whimp.

It's funny someone would say that when you have no clue about the other person. Maybe he would but I wouldn't have a clue.

sorry theres no maybe in this particular debate.im quicker.ive done harder shit than milking too.can we close the case on whether powerlifters are actually unathletic.i say not.

Last edited:
tbh Gerry, I could not give a fuck if you could lift twice as much as me.

powerlifting, for myself, is a fun thing where i test my basic strength.

you probably would have won the challenge i set you at start of year, but I know you are a whimp.

probably?unless jesus does some magic on your legs,your gone boss.shouldnt of even challenged me to anything,thats like me trying to take on Scot Hill in the opens.it aint happening.Yeah im the wimp.bless you man.

mate, are you a dumb ****. I won challenge, you backed out. Spartacus 1, gerry 0. it is on the public record.

Loser!!!!

sorry theres no maybe in this particular debate.im quicker.ive done harder shit than milking too.can we close the case on whether powerlifters are actually pathetic.i say not.

If you read my posts I've even said farming isn't that physical anymore. Machinery does most of the hard stuff.

No we have gone way off topic. My original point was why use roids for PL, risk your health and a criminal record for a plastic trophy and kid yourself that you're actually beating the best.

If you read my posts I've even said farming isn't that physical anymore. Machinery does most of the hard stuff.

No we have gone way off topic. My original point was why use roids for PL, risk your health and a criminal record for a plastic trophy and kid yourself that you're actually beating the best.

yeah i lost interest about the original topic about 40 posts ago lols sorry.

and you can only beat who is directly in front of you Baz,you and many other males who have had sporting careers may have more to crow about but i can only compete against whoever signs up with PA.

Last edited:
did you lose interest when I pointed out the may people who cheat in the IPF, although there are may other feds where there is no testing.

do you acknowledge how low these people are?

did you lose interest when I pointed out the may people who cheat in the IPF, although there are may other feds where there is no testing.

do you acknowledge how low these people are?

no idea eh.lol .Chris i have very little to do with the PA community even though i enjoy meets they put on.Id say its unlikely that many if any do,everyone knows who everyone is.
and if there is..im in the m1s and usually dont have much competition in terms of numbers and the better ones cant be bothered with me as im too easy.lol.

Last edited:
yeah i lost interest about the original topic about 40 posts ago lols sorry.

and you can only beat who is directly in front of you Baz,you and many other males who have had sporting careers may have more to crow about but i can only compete against whoever signs up with PA.

You are exactly correct. You can only beat who is in front of you. That's definitely a point.

My sporting career is nothing to get excited about. Mostly just lots of injuries that cost me a small fortune and I often wonder was it worth it.

You are exactly correct. You can only beat who is in front of you. That's definitely a point.

My sporting career is nothing to get excited about. Mostly just lots of injuries that cost me a small fortune and I often wonder was it worth it.

all the best with your recovery Bazza.

Gerry, I have set you a new challenge in other thread. do you accept?

I think it is the best thing for both of us in our old age.

Yeah I agree with you Bazza - pity that I cant stand footy, because even the SFL here is fairly lucrative. I'm probably too stocky for Aussie Rules though. We had a footy boy rock up to training after nearly 2 years the other day and he deadlifted 210kg. Can't squat or bench to save his life, but his deadlift game is on point.

Most Aussie Rules guys I've seen train can't squat or deadlift to save their lives though.

Each to their own.Doesnt really interest me,however its mega popular and im amazed at the saturation the media gives it.These guys are superstars.

Last edited:
Ive chatted briefly to some real good lifters.I can almost tell straight away that they are clean.Ive had chats with weaker lifters that have left me with a sense of hmmm? i wonder why.however its probably rude to assume based on a brief conversation.it would take longer than that to make up someones mind.and even thats not really proof.

its almost like a checklist isnt it.but 2+2 doesnt equal 5.

Whats the criteria for judging this? I can think of few criteria that help narrow it down a bit but it's by no means definitive and would not be uttered amongst fellow PA members. Unless there is a positive test, and the best testing would be by OCT, then any given lifter in tested Fed is entitled to a presumption of cleanliness. In reality there will be a percentage who are not.

Its hard to envisage much of an incidence of usage in lifters ranking up to or including A grade, although some people are just so fucking useless and stupid I guess it is possible. There's always some fuckwit who puts a 13B in a Datto 120Y and calls it a race car.

If all E2 were subject to OCT testing at the same time, then my guess is that there would be about a 10-15% probability of finding a grub. For E1 there might be 20-25% probability of finding a grub if all lifters were tested simultaneously.

For WL, it's much easier to pick (ie presume something is suss) without testing. There is a clear break that separates plainly awesome from scary awesome.

Last edited: