• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
actually the strongest powerlifter in Australia was not a great NRL player.

How can you compare powerlifters to top footballers Gerry? You obviously do not know much about sport.

He was a good rugby league player.Fast and strong.Anyone who makes the NRL is a very good league player compared to anyone else.Helps hes put on about 50 kgs.Would be interesting in a geeky way to the 1999 Odell next to the present day 1.I know which 1 id choose.looool.

hard to compare overall as league is super tough..thanks for helping in this analysis.

Last edited:
I haven't, one, probably because I'm not good enough and two because I don't have an interest in it currently.

AFL, NRL and rugby are all tough sports for different reasons. People that try and say one is tougher than the others are idiots. Just like the people that say NFL is weak because they wear pads.

None of the football codes are pure strength so they don't train for pure strength. Pretty simple, but the footy codes suck up the best athletes in Aus because that's what everyone plays when they are young. A lot of these guys if they trained for pure strength they would excel.

Hey if people love PL I'm not trying to shit on them but it's just the reality of the situation the best athletes in the country are not fighting it out in PL.

Same goes for PL in the U.S. All the big strong guys play NFL.

I think NFL is the toughest of all..im an idiot.so what.

Baz i run faster than you.

Last edited:
He was a good rugby league player.Fast and strong.Anyone who makes the NRL is a very good league player compared to anyone else.Helps hes put on about 50 kgs.Would be interesting in a geeky way to the 1999 Odell next to the present day 1.I know which 1 id choose.looool.

hard to compare.thanks for helping in this analysis.knob.

no worries, you need all the help you can get. .

NRL forwards are pretty damn strong and some of the international RU players would probably be able to get top 10 in PL within a few months if they self-lobotomised and suddenly threw away all their skill and fitness.

noones been able to come up with any meaningful stats on how strong AFL players are.I remember Andy Sheridan was renown for benching 230 kgs.Same with Kieran Foran and Genia benching 170 kgs.Theres youtube footage of Ash Gordon from the titans benching 150 kgs for reps.pretty awesome for a winger.Theres youtube footage of the Franks brothers squatting 240 kgs raw.i just find it interesting.

this is stupid, powerlifters are good at powerlifting, that is all.

nrl and afl players are great footballers, and most likely much better athletes.
get over it.

strength applied it a narrow range of motion, as displayed in powerlifting, does not have that much carry over to other sports. It is all about specificity. I

But, there is little doubt that a lot of potentially strong guys are playing in the various football codes. l

this is stupid, powerlifters are good at powerlifting, that is all.

nrl and afl players are great footballers, and most likely much better athletes.

get over it.

its my party and ill cry if i want to,please stop jumping in and ruining a potentially good thread.Dude im not that great at powerlifting but i still got a bit of toe and i can work hard all day.The training transfers over.jeez why am i always tempted to end a reply to you with the word knob.man..

any reports on how strong AFL players are?

noones been able to come up with any meaningful stats on how strong AFL players are.I remember Andy Sheridan was renown for benching 230 kgs.Same with Kieran Foran and Genia benching 170 kgs.Theres youtube footage of Ash Gordon from the titans benching 150 kgs for reps.pretty awesome for a winger.Theres youtube footage of the Franks brothers squatting 240 kgs raw.i just find it interesting.

Your not getting the point. I'm not saying they are stronger than PLers currently. I'm saying that the genetically athletically gifted are playing the football codes in this country.

If they went into PL they would likely do very well and if they had done it earlier in life they would very likely be doing a shit load better that the bulk of the PLers out there now.

Have a look at the people in PL, a lot are guys that weren't good enough for the popular sports. It's not a nock on anyone, just the reality of life. Let's face it if you could make the best part of a mill playing footy or go do PL where you have to pay your own way. What are the best athletes going to migrate towards.

Let's face it even just ok footy players can make 10-20 thousand a year playing country footy pretty easy. You going to do that or go to PL.

gerry, does not transfer. that is why few NFL players who do well in bench press at combines ever make it.

you would not have a clue, would you.

Your not getting the point. I'm not saying they are stronger than PLers currently. I'm saying that the genetically athletically gifted are playing the football codes in this country.

If they went into PL they would likely do very well and if they had done it earlier in life they would very likely be doing a shit load better that the bulk of the PLers out there now.

Have a look at the people in PL, a lot are guys that weren't good enough for the popular sports. It's not a nock on anyone, just the reality of life. Let's face it if you could make the best part of a mill playing footy or go do PL where you have to pay your own way. What are the best athletes going to migrate towards.

Let's face it even just ok footy players can make 10-20 thousand a year playing country footy pretty easy. You going to do that or go to PL.

id crush these bumpkins if i was a foot taller.im dead set srs,if i was born here and grew up in it,id make it in the AFL.i think you over rate this sport.i see a lot of niggle and dirty play.

Last edited:
id crush these bumpkins if i was a foot taller.im dead set srs,if i was born here and grew up in it,id make it in the AFL.i think you over rate this sport.

Yeah sure you would.

Most people would crush afl if they were taller, faster, a better kick, had better endurance, could read the play better, didn't get injured.

Shortest afl player was 5 foot 4. Youre just making excuses.

Lol.

I would doubt that.

why?i ran 57 sec 400m as a 14 yr old..i ran 6.3 kms in 23 mins.yeah im tubby nao but id still unleash a mean 10 or 40 m time.give me a few weeks and i run around this carthorse long distance too.

Last edited: