• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Admin

Administrator. Graeme
Staff member
This weeks topic: Arm training
· How do you train arms?
· How big are your arms?
· What do you think most people do incorrectly when training arms?
· Do you train forearms?
Any other questions/comments regarding the topic

- I rarely do much to focus on my arms. Most of my training is compound movements: bench press, overhead press, pull ups, rows. I do train CGBP, which is more triceps-oriented than my main grip for bench press, but I know with certainty I can make my triceps work harder in isolation exercises. Despite not doing a lot to isolate my arms, I'd say they're proportionally a bit bigger than my chest and shoulders.

- Not very.

- Being either anal retentive about technique or just swinging weights around and not knowing there's a useful space between those extremes.

- No. I really should, though, because my forearms are near non-existent.

Pretty much the same response as RyanF, however my forearms are reasonably big. I put this down to doing lots of 'kroc' rows (DB rows done heavy and not kneeling on a bench like a fag).

I think that people who dedicate a day to doing arms, or do any sort of arm isolation movement as their initial exercise are doing it wrong (unless they are a serious bodybuilder).

I train my forearms with rows and double overhand deadlifts.

I use to do the gun show on friday arvos, superset everything til you cant grip anything.
Best arm session I did was with Justin Wessells
It started off with sets of 60 reps!!! IIRC it went like this

BB curls x 15
tricep pushdowns x 15
skull crushers x 15
Incline bench DB curls x 15

as a superset. Then we did that 4 times!!!

Then a superset of skull crushers (lying on the floor) x 15 into BB curls sitting reverse on the incline bench x 15 into more tricep pushdowns x 15. 4 times thru that.

Incredible session