• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
who are you to criticise von, no one care about how you get a total, whether from two good lifts or three. Von would probably kick your ass when it comes to a total.

I have no intention of lifting competitively unless I can get a good A grade quite a bit above 600.

In PA that means the squats have to be honest, the bench has to be paused and the deadlift has to be lifted.

It's very hard for me to pull three solid lifts together but it will happen sooner or later.

I have no intention of lifting competitively unless I can get a good A grade quite a bit above 600.

In PA that means the squats have to be honest, the bench has to be paused and the deadlift has to be lifted.

It's very hard for me to pull three solid lifts together but it will happen sooner or later.

you do have to convince me, I know you will not compete until you can claim you are a numero uno (a grade). that is just the way you are.

You see i dont understand that mentality,as A grade is actually a qualifying total for international events and you are looking to do that in your first meet.I know a substantial number of lifters in Australia can do that and well beyond,however wouldnt it be better just to go along to a novice comp and set no expectations and just have a go and see where you are.
Plus getting a total gets you into the masters meet in August,thats where you can think about setting some goals or possibly having a crack at winning if you are up for it.
Baby steps.
A meet is a lot different from training at home.

Plus if u keep delaying,you are going to be shocked at how quickly raw lifting has improved and it will continue to even at masters level as dynamos turn 40.Flick thru the results over the last few yrs and you will see that.

Plus if u keep delaying,you are going to be shocked at how quickly raw lifting has improved and it will continue to even at masters level as dynamos turn 40.Flick thru the results over the last few yrs and you will see that.

only just twigged it was you. When are you coming to lift with us bud?
[MENTION=12011]vonfram88[/MENTION]; why don't you give bench only a go?

only just twigged it was you. When are you coming to lift with us bud?
@vonfram88; why don't you give bench only a go?

I did that many years ago. Still feel incomplete as a man.

its probably all I should be doing according to the quacks - not many folks with spina bifida occulta are fortunate enough to be able to squat and also having spondiliothesis makes every deadlift session a potential date with destiny.

i hear ya,i felt out of my depth compared to the open and junior lifters at the last meet i did however its pretty addictive hearing the crowd roar for you as well man.Im enormously delusional too,i reckon if i keep going ill beat everyone.lols,its fun being off your rocker.Unfortunately the cold hard facts dont support that notion however lol..For me the lure of being a masters lifter for the next 30 yrs has me buzzing.One day ill wake up and decide i cant be bothered anymore and take up tiddlywinks or bowls or something.Ultimately you dont have nothing to prove to anyone except yourself Von.

Last edited:
I did that many years ago. Still feel incomplete as a man.

its probably all I should be doing according to the quacks - not many folks with spina bifida occulta are fortunate enough to be able to squat and also having spondiliothesis makes every deadlift session a potential date with destiny.

Wow, I had no idea. Very inspirational mate.

i hear ya,i felt out of my depth compared to the open and junior lifters at the last meet i did however its pretty addictive hearing the crowd roar for you as well man.Im enormously delusional too,i reckon if i keep going ill beat everyone.lols,its fun being off your rocker.Unfortunately the cold hard facts dont support that notion however lol..Ultimately you dont have nothing to prove to anyone except yourself Von.

i used to do it for myself. Now, 30 years of lifting later, I'm addicted to the homoerotic gratification of posting selfies on bodybuilding forums.

But Seriously, I was pumping iron before I had even heard of the idea of powerlifting, you know, the awkward loner kid at school with poor social skills who all the others liked to tease and poke. Every day. If the Internet forums and all powerlifting and weightlifting organisations suddenly disappeared up their own anuses never to be seen again, I guess I would still be moving iron.

having just seen Egerton's new film, I strongly identify with Gordo. There are a lot of Simons out there who need to be dealt with. Or maybe just smash iron instead.

Fuck it, it's Simon time. Them fuckers going to taste a turd. Their own turd. Off the end of my knob. Then after that they can taste my turd in their newly reconstructed facial orifice.

you are welcome to start your own comp threads. In mine, there will be rules that are fair and applicable to all, with comments welcomed from all readers.

opening post clearly said film from front or behind so lockouts can be observed, and little rest between reps.

I disqualified my 13 reps pullups because not proper reps; I certainly will not accept any lifts not in accordance to rules.

I am harsh, but fair.