• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
I recently changed my bench technique after attending a seminar. It feels better on my shoulders and I feel stronger but I'm nnoticing on days where I deadlift after I'm pretty sore through Tye back from arching more..
Will that go away? Will I just get used to it?
Cheers

For me, the more I practice my bench arch, the less soreness it gives me (except for 1-2RMs, and even then it's not so bad). So I'd predict that with practice you will get less back soreness from bench press.

On the topic of arching, there's more than one way to do it -- some methods being safer than others. You always want your core to be supporting your back, and my suggestion is that tightness around the entire trunk should take precedence over how much of an arch you get. This should minimise soreness in the erectors and protect the spine.

Yeah I don't actually arch that much I don't think, its just a different position... I have my heels up instead of flat, which I got taught originally by SSG, now I've just tweaked it a little

I am finding a smaller arch preferable, where core tightness is prioritised.
Feels like you can drive the arch downwards with abs, if that makes sense

Rather than excessive arching beyond a point you have no mid section tightness

Have had sore discs for excessive arch attempts..

Not a pro at the technique myself however

hahaha rumble roller is nowhere near enough
I'll video my mobility shit tomorrow and post it up