• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Grunta

Packing a Huge Member
@White_Lie ; @Repacked ;
you kunce are up whith the latest 90s tech shit, can you explain to a kunce that still lives in the analogue era, how this works.
the area where I'm building doesn't allow tv antennas and mandates fibre-optic through the house, has to be in the plan, so I'll have ultra broadband (whatever that is).
Question is what do I need to get normal tv there? Is there a box I can buy? How does it work?

Wouldn't have a clue mate.
I know you can "catch up" on all the channels programs but not sure how to watch tv live.
You can get Netflix or whatever to watch stuff when you want but if you just want free to air stuff, I'm lost..

I would say you buy a set top box with the appropriate connection, or if you have a new tv might already have to ability to connect straight to the net. The new smart TVs are made to be connected to the interwebs. It's the way of the future.. the end of the millennium is coming...

How do I get FreeviewPlus?You can access FreeviewPlus from a free-to-air enabled television receiver, set-top box (STB) or personal video recorder (PVR) that carries the FreeviewPlus logo. You then need to connect your receiver to broadband internet to access FreeviewPlus. An ADSL2 or faster broadband connection is recommended.

http://www.freeview.com.au/freeviewplus/faq/

The thing with that is it's free to access and watch but will eat in to your data. If it's bundled in with your ISP, it's usually unmetered. May be alright if you have a big data allowance or don't watch much tv

Yeah, well you either pay for Fetch or pay for data. You never know, Freeview may be unmetered, it's just free to air tv. You could always put an antenna in your roof, see how that goes.

Nah, it says on there it's metered.
Yes, the old stealth antenna may work well indeed

through private direct tv subscriptions. but usa events and tv shows air in the morning so unless its eg ufc or boxing, you wont be watching it live.

even sunday night tv in usa is money morning here.

edit: for eg Mr Robot, one of the best tv shows atm, airs in aus time thursday @ 11am or midday (forget which, i don't watch it live anymore)
so unless you don't have a job, you can't really watch good shows live. tho i can, i download them.

Last edited:
I've got one but it's pretty redundant to me now. Windows 10 gives me the option to cast straight to my tv (if they're both on the same Wi-Fi network).

YouTube and a few other apps also give you the option to watch it on your smart tv from your phone as well

But that said, if you don't have a smart tv and it has a hdmi input, it would be worth the 30 bucks or whatever they're worth

Last edited:
it is very good for you tube, too slow doing it through sony tv, and hdmi cable has adds through pc.

Lot of good you tube documentaries to watch HD picture

I recently got Netflix and I rate it. Not into TV shows, but getting through all the docs and comedy specials. I like how they recommend you new stuff based on what you rate other shows/movies. The only downside is that the older classics aren't on there.

I recently got Netflix and I rate it. Not into TV shows, but getting through all the docs and comedy specials. I like how they recommend you new stuff based on what you rate other shows/movies. The only downside is that the older classics aren't on there.

Sold, you get it via any media centre or do I need to buy something specific?

I run it through my PS3. I think most modern TVs will be compatible as long as it can connect to your modem via wifi.