• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Admin

Administrator. Graeme
Staff member
[h=3]Key Points:[/h]
  1. [h=4]Many people think steroids make a massive difference in terms of competitiveness in strength sports. They are wrong.[/h]
  2. [h=4]Other people (somehow) think that steroids don’t make much of a difference. They are also wrong.[/h]
  3. [h=4]Steroids DO help people gain muscle mass and absolute strength at a much faster rate, but the increase in muscle mass generally means you’re forced to move into a heavier weight class where you need to lift more in order to be equally competitive.[/h]
  4. [h=4]When looking at world records, experimental evidence, and cross-sectional studies, the resulting picture shows that steroids increase your competitiveness in strength sports by about 10%.[/h]
This is the second part in a 7-part series about steroids. Make sure you check out the preceding parts before diving in, so you don’t feel like you’re stepping into the middle of a conversation.

Read more at: http://www.strengtheory.com/steroids-for-strength-sports/#ixzz3kd9kV2Qy

steroids no:1 affect strength the most. building muscle is more than just strength however.

My deadlift went up 12%
Squat 20%
Bench 19%

Over 2 years. Since coming off I continue to get stronger

so, in three years, your deadlift went from 200 to over 282.5, that is 41%.

What was your best deadlift before you started gear?

What do you think those percentages will be over same 2 years if you hadn't? Half?
The little bugger trains hard but I think the answer to your question for most of the overnight gainz club is "zero". Many don't know a life without it and wouldn't be lifting at all without roids.

The little bugger trains hard but I think the answer to your question for most of the overnight gainz club is "zero". Many don't know a life without it and wouldn't be lifting at all without roids.

wow, never heard anything more stupid. people lift cause they love to lift, some test just makes it better, like you eating cake and getting fat, you eat it cause it taste good.

some lift cause it feels good, drugs or not, doesn't matter.

still some of your improvement would of also come from eating and training, so you should hold some of gain once roid benefits out of system.

old mate, 2nd in mr universe, used to hold most of size 12 weks after last test injection. He was still 116kg after long break.

So will be interesting to see what you lift in six months, assuming you stay off them completely.

Why do cheating fraudsters continually need to play down the advantage it gives them? I'd also be inclined to argue that some of the adaptations your muscles would make would be fairly permanent.

boz, that is an interesting topic of debate.

I agree there may be structural signs of use, but I doubt that much of the gain is kept beyond those achieved by food and training.

I observe many athletes that never get anywhere near their best without PEDs.

I still think they give you around 15-20% for most males, excluding diet and training over time. Of course, some may get less, but most I have known have got what I suggest.

Well that's the thing Sparty - all these guys bang on about how 'little' advantage steroids give them; if this truly were the case why would they even bother. You can only really compare those who've been caught out in a tested sport vs those who weren't using PEDs.

[MENTION=6618]spartacus[/MENTION] we all know oni lies through his teeth when it comes to what he has taken and for how long. wouldnt beleive his numbers for a second

The main benefit is gaining muscle at a faster rate and being more muscular than you can get naturally

Well that's the thing Sparty - all these guys bang on about how 'little' advantage steroids give them; if this truly were the case why would they even bother. You can only really compare those who've been caught out in a tested sport vs those who weren't using PEDs.

Yeah it's always a bit of a laugh. You can tell who is on by how much they downplay what roids do. Yet they are jabbing it into their arse every chance they get.