• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
B

Berniemac

Hey guys,

I was using some USN Creatine Mono (can't remember how much I paid), and didn't really notice any results. I was mixing it with my protein powder so maybe that affected absorption some what (thoughts on this?)

Anyway I did a bit of research and ordered ON Creapure Creatine from Massivejoes.com, which if you watch a lot of their videos you'll know "is the best kind of creatine we have seen thuss farrr"

I opened the bottle and noticed straight away it's a fine powdery form, as opposed to the clumpy grainy USN, which is also supposed to be micronized. So that's a plus, should help with absorption.

I'm looking forward to giving it a crack, some people recommend loading with 20g for a few days while others say it's not necessary.

If I notice a difference after a couple of weeks I'll be stoked, because it's always nice to get a boost from supps I've spent hard-earned on.

Creapure® is just a trademarked monohydrate, supposedly of high quality. I've never seen micronised creatine that is grainy and clumpy....defeats the purpose of being micronised.

Most use it, it's cheap enough, does no harm, no one really reports any huge benefits, I take it when I remember to.

Is this the product you're talking about?
http://au.bodybuilding.com/store/opt/crea.html?&_requestid=686677

I've been using it for the past year as it's cheap as chips and easily digested. Honestly, I don't notice any effects using creatine, but that doesn't mean it's useless.

When do you take it?

My order from BN arrived today and this is one of the supps I ordered. (Creatine Mono)
Packet says consume 30min before a workout which I plan on doing....3 to 10g. A larger dose may be beneficial for the first few weeks for loading phase.
What's a larger dose?

Cheers

When do you take it?

My order from BN arrived today and this is one of the supps I ordered. (Creatine Mono)
Packet says consume 30min before a workout which I plan on doing....3 to 10g. A larger dose may be beneficial for the first few weeks for loading phase.
What's a larger dose?

Cheers

There is no need to load up for a few weeks. all you need is 3-5g daily. you'll saturate pretty quickly.
Lots of fluids.

When do you take it?

What's a larger dose?

Cheers

5g in your post workout shake, done. As long as you're consuming it close to workout time (before, after), it won't make a difference.

You sure 20g isn't a better amount to be taking
Not sure if srs or stirring but you know my thoughts.

3g daily isn't going to do jack. 10-20g constantly, no "loading". I just have a decent scoop in my shake. Bear in mind most pre workouts will also have a few grams in it as well

That's true, nearly every pre workout has 5g of creatine these days. They can justify it all they want, but I see it as a cheap filler.

Last edited:

3g daily isn't going to do jack. 10-20g constantly, no "loading". I just have a decent scoop in my shake. Bear in mind most pre workouts will also have a few grams in it as well

most protein powders also have a few grams, along with glutamine and bcaa's etc etc.

Definitely shit stirring haha

if you take a pre workout and a post workout shake, your prob getting 10grams just in the mix. without even concentrating on it...

i don't do pre workouts. way over priced.

I've found my protein shake with the Creapure is way smoother, even seems like it has a slightly different taste but that's probably just my brain.

I've found my protein shake with the Creapure is way smoother, even seems like it has a slightly different taste but that's probably just my brain.

Creatine has no taste...........bit like the rest of BBing food.

i tried BN Creatine Mono and didnt notice any results, switched to ON Micronised CreaPure and definatley noticed a difference.

5G a day with minimum 3L Water and you will suck it up