• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Admin

Administrator. Graeme
Staff member
s self-improvement blog The Art of Manliness points out, one of the best reasons to improve your physical fitness is to make sure you’re capable of handling yourself in an emergency. Bench pressing 250kg won’t help you quite as much if you can’t run far or jump very high. While these guidelines apply to some fairly unlikely scenarios (which all emergencies are), they also provide a fairly balanced view of fitness. As old-time strongman Earle Liederman details, here are the five fitness benchmarks you should ideally be able to reach to save your own life:

• Swim at least half a mile or more.
  • Run at top speed two hundred yards or more.
  • Jump over obstacles higher than your waist.
  • Pull your body upward by the strength of your arms, until your chin touches your hands, at least fifteen to twenty times.
  • Dip between parallel bars or between two chairs at least twenty-five times or more.
http://www.artofmanliness.com/2015/08/15/are-you-strong-enough-to-save-your-own-life-video/

Unless you're a bouncer building muscle is good for nothing but looks, it's the only reason I do it.
Go out for a cycle on the road my legs get an instant pump.
Go out dirt bike riding or mx track my hands and traps get a pump in 3 laps
Go for a road motorbike ride, instant tricep pump

^^^ I'm with this guy
The main reason I lift is looks. Vain as it may be, that's the honest truth. I mean I like lifting heavy chit, it makes you feel good inside but I know I won't be able to do it forever

^^^ I'm with this guy
The main reason I lift is looks. Vain as it may be, that's the honest truth. I mean I like lifting heavy chit, it makes you feel good inside but I know I won't be able to do it forever

Its only good for one sport, pulling chicks, besides that not much chop.

Stop flexing in stringer tops at red lights when hawt P plater pull up beside you might fix this......

The trick at the lights is to keep the tric pump going and hold the frot brake in hard to fully flex the bicep as well, hawt P platers be frofyn. ;)

^^^ I'm with this guy
Bigger muscles help me lift more.
But the vein **** in me is getting addicted to my recent size gains. So i get it now

I see this cat at the gym, obviously a basketballer, practicing standing jumps on to a pile of plyo boxes about a foot below his shoulders. Kunce is like a gangly little springbok.