• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
How many even just ok physiques have been built from tri kickbacks, curls and leg extensions.

dunno you tell me cause ive never used any of those, yet my arms look INSANE compared to yours, real talk

Last edited by a moderator:
dont even start on my leg, holy sheit!!!!

yes, legit. more legit than people wanna admit, not my problem

edit: tri's require high rep, do heavy 8-12 rep sculls then vbar pushdowns on cables at 30 reps and rope. thats how you get legit definition popping out inches thick.

what will close grip bench do? mass and make it blend into the arm total, not pop.

Cool science bro!

dont even start on my leg, holy sheit!!!!

yes, legit. more legit than people wanna admit, not my problem
Who the fuck even mentioned your leg?
What did they say? "No way your leg is legit"

Are you on a bender again? No wonder you stay so lean, you should learn to put the crack pipe down.

dunno you tell me cause ive never used any of those, yet my arms look INSANE compared to yours, real talk

I thought you were bumming isolation exercises.

Lay off the booze. It clearly impairs your judgment

results speak for themselves t-rex arms.

You've gotten your results in spite of your theory, not because of them.

If you think one rep scheme builds your muscle and another "sculpts" it, you're probably beyond help.

324328c0-b9fd-0132-458d-0ebc4eccb42f.gif

pushing an individual muscle will directly affect it more than pushing it indirectly

eg scull crushers (with proper form) vs close grip bench... 100% different movements, 100% different results.

and the pussies posting that don't have a well defined tri don't count! come back when you have it, im posting this cause i do have it, walk the walk.

edit: tri's require high rep, do heavy 8-12 rep sculls then vbar pushdowns on cables at 30 reps and rope. thats how you get legit definition popping out inches thick.

what will close grip bench do? mass and make it blend into the arm total, not pop.
7a39203cefcbcf41d3dc8929e646dcbc.jpg

7 years in total training. 6 of them have never included a tricep isolation exercise. Only started because of injured shoulder therefore no more pressing.

You argument is ridiculous.

If by improving the flexibility of a muscle exercised also improves the strength of a muscle thereby protecting the joint, then the bench press is not a very good choice for a bodybuilder in the long term.

the movement is blocked by the chest, widening the grip further restricts the range of motion.

the dip however allows a deeper stretch a greater range of motion.

performed properly, and seldom is the dip is the real deal, the seated version of a dip is the best option for a beginner, as it allows one to use a lot less weight under a much longer TUL, moving slower, allows you to go deep allows you to approach a position that challenges the limits of its ability to stretch at a slow speed, a fast approach triggers a reflex contraction that prohibits a stretch.

a flexible muscle is a strong muscle, I believe this to be a key to a long lifting injury free life.

If we are using dips to train the chest rather than the tris how far forward would you tilt for more chest involvement??

I don't believe it makes a difference, if there is its negligible, lean forward and the emphasis is in moving the shoulder back (shoulder blades together) which is what we want.

More upright, forces the shoulder up (shrug) which is not good.

both positions using the same muscleture to make the movement possible, more upright is going to inhibit good mechanics pecs are not going to assist the arm moving, as well as the conventional so there isn't any added stimulus for the tricep.

Last edited: