• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Admin

Administrator. Graeme
Staff member
Drugs
Diet & Nutrition
Genetics
Training

Obviously being even mildly consistent with all 4 will yield the most optimal results. But which could be considered more vital than others? Can overdoing one overcompensate or make up for the relative lack of another?

well genetics speaks for itself, you can only make the best of what you have.

Le Haney once told me that diet was 65% of training, notably making sure you eat the right amount to maximise any potential gains.

He told us that he basically trained same way as when he first started, just weights got heavier as he got stronger.

I suppose if you don't train than the other 3 elements won't do anything on their own.
so I'd have to put training first.
Next genetics, cos if you get a kunce born with a ridiculous amount of muscle fibres, subject him to a BB program, feed the kunce right and too him up with some gear, got yourself a monster.

So the order is:
Training
Genetics
nutrition
drugs

I am going be different and put genetics at the top, since some kunce can just look good looking at a barbell

Genetics
Training
Nutrition
Drugs

The nutrition and drugs are so close that really is it like 3. and 3.5 in my opinion but then again I haven't ventured over to that side so can not be 100% and would love input

The nutrition and drugs are so close that really is it like 3. and 3.5 in my opinion but then again I haven't ventured over to that side so can not be 100% and would love input
Yeah I am in the same boat to some degree, but I just feel that with todays drugs and combinations etc provided one is actually eating enough the drugs can compensate for so much that I feel it has overtaken nutrition and diet as a priority, with the way the can manipulate insulin, T3 and T4 etc etc , not that I know very much at all about it.

I'm going to go against the grain and say nutrition is more important than training.

You can train all you want and lift as heavy as you want, but you can still look like shit. Where if your training is patchy, but your diet is spot on, you'll look like you train more than you do.

Drugs
Diet & Nutrition
Genetics
Training

Obviously being even mildly consistent with all 4 will yield the most optimal results. But which could be considered more vital than others? Can overdoing one overcompensate or make up for the relative lack of another?

For competing
Training
genetics
Drugs
nutrition

i wouldnt even rate supplements

for the hobbyist

training
nutrition
drugs
genetics

Because for an average "gym rat" they just want to be the best "they" can be.

traing like a pro will fuck you up in the head