• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
yes counting calories is the ultimate; that is what I do.

still say enough is enough when jeans or belt gets tight.

I now go up and down within a 2.5 kg range.

I'm trying to gain atm and count everything. So sue me.....

A-clenched-fist-008.jpg

While I stopped measuring and adding to my excel spreadsheet, I pretty much have a good idea of how many cals and protein Im getting. The fat and carbs is just along for the ride. Today I'll probably pig out on pizza after doing my best to kill a bottle of Jack.

It was kinda liberating to stop counting seriously, I found I was stressing too much about macros, trying to calculate in advance depending on where/what Id be eating and somewhere among the fastidious effort to track, I forgot to just eat and lift and look at the scales.

Don't compete, don't ever plan to, can't see the sense in obsessing anymore.

Perhaps when I'm somewhere close to where I want to be I'll pay more attention but running an F1 level of data on a hyundai excel doesn't make sense.

[MENTION=17118]onslaught[/MENTION]; you make some good points. The only reason I track is to make sure I eat enough. Especially as I struggled to eat enough post my surgery last year so tracking keeps me honest.
I don't obsess about it though. If I did, I'd stop doing it. Some days I track loosely, some days not at all, if it's too much of a hassle.
But I'm a numbers gal and I love data so it doesn't bother me to do it.

I'm sure I'll go back to proper tracking of macros, I actually restarted my training log in the same file the other day just because I've started paying attention to volume/total tonnage and its easier to use the spreadsheet than scribble shit on paper so it's inevitable that food intake will be measured again eventually.

I am a sucker for data but I've really tried to keep things simple with my training/eating to avoid getting burnt out by it.

I am only a beginner anyway, everything works for me at the moment lol.

People on dreamer bulks usually fuck up and just get mega fat, ideally slow bulk or lean bulk generally requires some form of tracking, either via measurements or by eyeball which a few of us can do after a while

I think the term bulking is just code for "I'm going to eat whatever I want". If you're someone that plans for a slow/lean bulk and actually tracks calories, that's just called making progress.

Been bulking for well over 20 years, did a few cuts in that time but only when I have a big trip planned.

I don't think people should be counting every calorie and weighing themselves everyday. It will mess with your head too much. But you should have a rough idea of how much you consume daily, otherwise you won't know where you can make adjustments.

I'll write up a meal plan/macros every 3-4 months, then kind of eyeball my portion sizes. I wear a belt to work, so If I do get a little too relaxed with my diet, I'll feel my belt and back off a bit.

Last edited:
The best measure is your belt buckle.

which brings me to another point, anaerobic and aerobic activity done at the same intensity will burn the same amount of calories, but that's where the similarity ends, fat loss in aerobic activity is indiscriminate in that you will lose fat and muscle in various areas of the body, think about that for a minute or two.

I am yet to try and bulk while tracking..
I'm yet to have a successful bulk past newb status..
I think if you don't wana count that's fine, but don't expect much, perfectly fine for recomp/ general maintence though.
Even then, if it works, chances are you probably had a pretty close idea what you were eating and read labels etc

Rather clen eating eh?

clen also changes your rna, it unlockes gene expressions.

editL food? you should be able to eyeball it by now! you can't see in the mirror things change? then you'll never be a good bodybuilder. end of story.

its stupidly easy.

Last edited: