• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

WoodyAllen

I'm looking for something fast digesting for intra workout and post workout. You have Casein Hydrolysates and Hyper Hydrolyze which seem to be kinda the same or very similar.

Can you tell me what the difference is between the two and the difference in effects on the body.

I gather that HH is WPI that is super processed to get rid of all excess "impurities" and that CH is a casein based protein powder that is absorbed quickly. Is one absorbed faster? The CH is $4 more per kilo so does it have more "bang" for the extra cash?

ac7f1dd8c83d87d7d88994a5bf838cf1.jpg

I is srs. I wanna get hoooooge.

I dropped 5kg prior to my last comp with not so good results so this training cycle I want to bump up my calories. Intra workout stuff is my first step.

I couldn't imagine having whey while training. No whey José!

Why not bcaas whilst training and whey/casein pre and/or post?

Last edited:
If you want to consume easy calories around training, add a scoop of dextrose to your post workout shake if you're not already.

Vitargo. Gotta get me sum dat. Plus some No Bull protein powder. I ran out of skim milk powder.

I was asking more about what are the differences between the two products. Not suggestions for workout supps, although thank you for the input.

I'm looking for something fast digesting for intra workout and post workout. You have Casein Hydrolysates and Hyper Hydrolyze which seem to be kinda the same or very similar.

Can you tell me what the difference is between the two and the difference in effects on the body.

I gather that HH is WPI that is super processed to get rid of all excess "impurities" and that CH is a casein based protein powder that is absorbed quickly. Is one absorbed faster? The CH is $4 more per kilo so does it have more "bang" for the extra cash?

Hi Woody,

Both are a Hydrolised product it's just that they're coming from two different sources of protein.
It's like saying Rice Protein Isolate or Whey Protein Isolate. Both will offer the amino acids you need for muscle building while having the same rate of absorption (Isolate) but one source is from Whey and the other from Rice.

There will be a larger degree of hydrolisation however if you go for the Hyper Hydrolyse over the Casein Hydrolysates.
Hyper Hydrolyse won't have any of the bitterness that comes with a hydrolysed product due to the enzyme we use to hydrolyse this rather than your conventional method which leaves the product bitter the higher the percentage of hydrolysation.

As mentioned though, Whey protein is not really something you want to be drinking during your workout. You want as little effort digesting as possible for your stomach during this time which is why an amino acid powder is chosen rather than one that has to break down the protein to get to the amino acids. You by pass this step when drinking pure amino acids.

You may want to drink your protein after the workout.
Cheers.

You want as little effort digesting as possible for your stomach during this time which is why an amino acid powder is chosen rather than one that has to break down the protein to get to the amino acids. You by pass this step when drinking pure amino acids.

You may want to drink your protein after the workout.
Cheers.

So going from what you say, I would be using the Hyper Hydrolyse post workout for rapid absorption. Or I could use the Casein Hydrolysate but the taste not as good, but is just as effective as HH.

Then prior to that, during the workout, I would be using an amino acid powder (in water I guess) to ensure rapid absorption with minimal digestion needed.

So which amino acid powder would I be using? BCAA's? EAA's? Recuper8? or am I missing something?

Last edited:
You've got it spot on with how and when these are supposed to be used.
EAA's or BCAA's, it won't really matter too much.
The BCAA Recovery in our range is formulated to benefit you better during the workout (Electrolytes, Citrulline etc) and is already flavoured where as the EAA's you would have to do yourself so I would go with the BCAA Recovery if you're purely looking at our range.