• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
I fell between two scaffold decks yesterday and fucked my totally, I am now sitting in the couch 2 days from my first compo pay, no training for a little while I think

I am the Everyman, the voice of reason in a sea of bullshit, the drunk uncle at family events that points out the flaws of others we all see but are too scared to vocalise, the man who you love to loathe because you are too scared to be.

oh the shock, the horror, how dare he say the things I want to but allow fear to hold me back.

In all seriousness, @Silverback; surely you're old enough to say and do what you want without giving a fuck about other peoples perceived self awareness, no ones gonna give a fuck when we're dead man. It's not like history will remember guys like us, arseholes or socially constrained nice guys don't matter, we'll be lucky if half a generation give a fuck once we're rotting in the ground.

social constraint is the shackle that keeps morons from been told their morons, so you hurt a few feelings along the way, swinging your dick through life, really who cares it's not like it's going to reverse the earth on its axis, your just gonna upset some people who's displeasure is totally inconsequential anyway.

Maybe you'll do them a favour and offend them into some action, snap them out of their apathy?
The thing is Brick, you have to ask yourself why do you feel this need to point out the flaws of others
Each of us has many flaws and it would be a tedious full time job, not to mention physically and mentally draining for someone to remind us of them all the time.
I think for every finger that we point there are a hundred pointing back at us

I am the Everyman, the voice of reason in a sea of bullshit, the drunk uncle at family events that points out the flaws of others we all see but are too scared to vocalise, the man who you love to loathe because you are too scared to be.

oh the shock, the horror, how dare he say the things I want to but allow fear to hold me back.

In all seriousness, @Silverback; surely you're old enough to say and do what you want without giving a fuck about other peoples perceived self awareness, no ones gonna give a fuck when we're dead man. It's not like history will remember guys like us, arseholes or socially constrained nice guys don't matter, we'll be lucky if half a generation give a fuck once we're rotting in the ground.

social constraint is the shackle that keeps morons from been told their morons, so you hurt a few feelings along the way, swinging your dick through life, really who cares it's not like it's going to reverse the earth on its axis, your just gonna upset some people who's displeasure is totally inconsequential anyway.

Maybe you'll do them a favour and offend them into some action, snap them out of their apathy?

To be happy one needs to be oneself all the time, if that pisses people off and they don't like being your friend, then you've gained, you don't need those people.

I think I'm a bit like Brick (physically) and have kinda acheived those goals, but happily married and still do the kid thing.

What works for me. I just do:

Starting Strength Mon, Wed, Fri, long run (10k) Tues, Interval Thurs, and another 7-8 run on Saturday.

I do it all first thing in the morning leaving the afternoons/evenings free for the wife/kids.
I'm 102kg who can achieve most of those lifts bar the OHP (65kg) and Pullups (Don't do them often enough).

Bit of a jack of all trades master of none but am happy, strong enough to throw the kids around and fit enough to outrun them still.

Getting a knee reco next week, I think they call it a lars graft or some shit like that. Supposed to be the Ducks nuts back in action twice as quick as normal.

Fucking hate hospitals, not looking forward to it

Getting a knee reco next week, I think they call it a lars graft or some shit like that. Supposed to be the Ducks nuts back in action twice as quick as normal.

Fucking hate hospitals, not looking forward to it

Ouch mate. Yeh Lars method is a synthetic acl instead of using parts of your own hamstring or a dead blokes one (which is the preferred method in the USA!!). I had the hamstring graft.

Do as much vmo work as possible before the op!!!

Ouch mate. Yeh Lars method is a synthetic acl instead of using parts of your own hamstring or a dead blokes one (which is the preferred method in the USA!!). I had the hamstring graft.

Do as much vmo work as possible before the op!!!
Interestingly I was watching some nfl preseason stuff and over there they are using parts of the paetella tendon instead of the hammy as it makes the hammy more susceptible to tears

Narcissim (self admiration) is the only reason I train [MENTION=10061]Brick[/MENTION] ; ..........oh and so the bitches narcissize me more.

narcissism has little to do with self admiration.

narcissists hate them selves and massively over compensate for there feelings of worthlessness and inferiority. If you pretend you are amazing, you don't have to face up to what you really are

narcissism has little to do with self admiration.

narcissists hate them selves and massively over compensate for there feelings of worthlessness and inferiority. If you pretend you are amazing, you don't have to face up to what you really are

I thought narcissists were kunce who who like to brag about themselves, kunce really impressed with themselves, kunce who are always like "check me out". ????? No?

yes, but its all bullshit.

"Pathological narcissism occurs in a spectrum of severity. In its more extreme forms, it is narcissistic personality disorder (NPD). NPD is considered to result from a person's belief that they are flawed in a way that makes them fundamentally unacceptable to others.[SUP][18][/SUP]This belief is held below the person's conscious awareness; such a person would, if questioned, typically deny thinking such a thing. To protect themselves against the intolerably painful rejection and isolation that (they imagine) would follow if others recognized their (perceived) defective nature, such people make strong attempts to control others’ views of them and behavior towards them.Pathological narcissism can develop from an impairment in the quality of the person's relationship with their primary caregivers, usually their parents, in that the parents could not form a healthy and empathic attachment to them.[SUP][19][/SUP] This results in the child's perception of himself/herself as unimportant and unconnected to others. The child typically comes to believe they have some personality defect that makes them unvalued and unwanted.[SUP][20][/SUP]
To the extent that people are pathologically narcissistic, they can be controlling, blaming, self-absorbed, intolerant of others’ views, unaware of others' needs and of the effects of their behavior on others, and insistent that others see them as they wish to be seen.[SUP][21][/SUP]
Narcissistic individuals use various strategies to protect the self at the expense of others. They tend to devalue, derogate and blame others, and they respond to threatening feedback with anger and hostility.[SUP][22][/SUP]
People who are narcissistic commonly feel rejected, humiliated and threatened when criticised. To protect themselves from these dangers, they often react with disdain, rage, and/or defiance to any slight criticism, real or imagined.[SUP][23][/SUP] To avoid such situations, some narcissistic people withdraw socially and may feign modesty or humility. In cases where the narcissistic personality-disordered individual feels a lack of admiration, adulation, attention and affirmation, they may also manifest a desire to be feared and be notorious (narcissistic supply).
Although individuals with NPD are often ambitious and capable, the inability to tolerate setbacks, disagreements or criticism, along with lack of empathy, make it difficult for such individuals to work cooperatively with others or to maintain long-term professional achievements.[SUP][24][/SUP] With narcissistic personality disorder, the individual's self-perceived fantastic grandiosity, often coupled with a hypomanic mood, is typically not commensurate with his or her real accomplishments."

"It has been suggested that narcissistic personality disorder may be related to defenses against shame.[SUP][27][/SUP] Psychiatrist Glen Gabbard suggested NPD could be broken down into two subtypes.[SUP][28][/SUP] He saw the "oblivious" subtype as being grandiose, arrogant, and thick-skinned, and the "hypervigilant" subtype as being easily hurt, oversensitive, and ashamed. In his view, the oblivious subtype presents for admiration, envy, and appreciation of a powerful, grandiose self that is the antithesis of a weak internalized self, which hides in shame, while the hypervigilant subtype neutralizes devaluation by seeing others as unjust abusers. Jeffrey Young, who coined the term "Schema Therapy", a technique originally developed by psychiatrist Aaron T. Beck (1979), also links NPD and shame. He sees the so-called Defectiveness Schema as a core schema of NPD, along with the Emotional Deprivation and Entitlement Schemas.[SUP][29]"[/SUP]

obviously thats talking about real narcissists, not just some kunce with a bit of an ego that has been labeled a narcissist by someone who is completely ignorant of its meaning.

people love to throw around mental illnesses as if they know what they are talking about. saying people have aspergers because they are a bit strange, or psychos because got angry, these twats have no clue.

gone a bit quiet there @Grunta did that dose of reality hit you in the face like a wet fish? :p

Not sure which hit of reality you're talking about bro.
I get that many to bring me back down to planet earth I can't remember, cos I'm shallow, insensitive and not too bright I don't really learn from them untill the next one.
Well not entirely, the slap of reality I got from the hot ashphalt and cement truck when I came off the scooter in Thailand I still remember clearly, maybe cos the fresh scars keep reminding me.

Well this shit hurts. Taken the opportunity to lay off everything, exercise/drugs/booze etc.

Been doing some reading, think I am going to enrol in an engineering degree. Ive achieved nearly everything I wanted to do in life except a tertiary education. I'd like to get a university degree just to spite all those toffy nosed ****s that look down on me all the time for not having one.

Figure I'll be on a long, creamy run of compo following this little fuck up, might as well put the time to good use and slot away as many subjects as possible before rejoining the world as a working student like the rest of todays want to be intellectuals.

Also, this shit hurts. They put shit in there to help your shit take to the graft thingy, well FUCK me that shit stings.