• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
Does anyone here ever really struggle for motivation? I'm struggling hard lately..
I have struggle sticking to a program, I am probably about 5+ kg over what I consider to be myself in good shape, I do want to get back in shape, but I over eat on rubbish most days..
I don't really know where my mojo has gone though.

Anyone else go through this, did you do anything in particular to bounce back or did it just come?

Does anyone here ever really struggle for motivation? I'm struggling hard lately..
I have struggle sticking to a program, I am probably about 5+ kg over what I consider to be myself in good shape, I do want to get back in shape, but I over eat on rubbish most days..
I don't really know where my mojo has gone though.

Anyone else go through this, did you do anything in particular to bounce back or did it just come?

Yep. Had issues at times. Usually happens when busy with other shit.

What can work for me is just go to the gym and pick one exercise a day to do that you love to do for the rep range you like.

Don't stress about it and just do the enjoyable stuff until the motivation comes back. Make it more fun again.

I think that's some of it also, I hired a coach to help me a bit, but I hate the program he wants me to follow as well.. I enjoy the main movements, now I have to do a fair bit of other shit I don't rate or enjoy, and I only do my favorite lifts once a week, so I'm over it 25 minutes into my session

Yep. Had issues at times. Usually happens when busy with other shit.

What can work for me is just go to the gym and pick one exercise a day to do that you love to do for the rep range you like.

Don't stress about it and just do the enjoyable stuff until the motivation comes back. Make it more fun again.

That is excellent advice.

For me losing motivation is one of the first signs that it's time for a deload/break.

I've never been one for deloading or having a break except when I go away for a holiday.

But i do believe it's ok to once and a while add a "maintenance " workout.
As in you do not push yourself but just use the numbers you last used in your previous workout, it's a necessity for me at least after many years of workouts.

as an aside I think I'm different than most here on this forum as I use a standard full body routine and every workout I push to the limit, two days between workouts
probably every 10th workout seems to be "maintenance"

I've never been one for deloading or having a break except when I go away for a holiday.

But i do believe it's ok to once and a while add a "maintenance " workout.
As in you do not push yourself but just use the numbers you last used in your previous workout, it's a necessity for me at least after many years of workouts.

as an aside I think I'm different than most here on this forum as I use a standard full body routine and every workout I push to the limit, two days between workouts
probably every 10th workout seems to be "maintenance"
I live full body, I've always been my strongest from it... I'm thinking I'll cut my loses with having paid for a coach, I'll just do what I enjoy and eat a bit less for a month or 2, it has worked in the past..

I do get sick of certain training; but I always have some goal.

without a goal, stupid as it may be at my age, I simply go bananas and get very aggro.

Set some short term goals. Get to a certain body weight, run xx kilometres, get to the gym 20 days in a row. I find having direction and having it within reach will keep me on track.

I have this problem occasionally. But only for a couple of months....doing half assed work outs and maybe 1 or 2 workouts per week, diet goes crappy etc. But I always bounce back.
I'm about 2 bounce back soon actually. Been busy doing other stuff in life and flat out at work so have neglected the health/diet/training a bit.