• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

n9rve

I'd like to get a rough idea when the ideal time is to train, I've always trained early in the morning around 6am but I've noticed that if I'm a few meals deep I can train harder and for longer without fatigue.

When do you train and why?

n9rve

Whenever suits.
Have hit PB's on an "empty" stomach before, so I don't really believe in carb loading or anything like that.
I like training about 10ish when I've got the day to myself though.

I train at lunch times, coz it is convenient, I am consistent then, I have the time to train and I have had a couple of meals in before I train. OH and it doesn't impact spare time at home to spend with kids or whatever.

I don't believe there's an "optimal" time to work out in regards to day/night more so in regards to circadian rhythm, fuel and drive.

I'm sure one of the other guys will chime in with a more "technical" answer though!

I do feel stronger after a few meals in me (so afternoon). However I do train in the morning on weekends. I used to feel much weaker in the morning, but with consistency isn't not that noticeable anymore.

i train before work mostly, whether its a day or night shift doesn't matter. is always before work, can't do it after.

Either is fine as long as is not past 10.00pm or earlier than 8.00am
Howcome no earlier than 8am?

I think I'm gonna give it a go and start training after a few meals instead of in the morning for a month and see how it is.

Either is fine as long as is not past 10.00pm or earlier than 8.00am

Would this not be effected by sleep & eating patterns ?

if i wake up at 4:00am every day i don't see why working out at 8:00am would be an issue ?

PS: Not that i do wake up at 4:00am because screw that.

Would this not be effected by sleep & eating patterns ?

if i wake up at 4:00am every day i don't see why working out at 8:00am would be an issue ?

PS: Not that i do wake up at 4:00am because screw that.
4???? Bugger that lol. I need sleep

I used to train regularly at 2:30/3 till 4am before I start dayshift at 5am.
Surprisingly the hardest part is getting out of bed, couple of warm ups and you're lifting heavy chit before you know it.

depends if your a night owl or an early bird... shrek is obv a night owl so before 8am is struggle territory. extremely simple to figure out.

Last edited:
I set my first alarm a 5am, Im out of bed by 515, make a cupa, then training well before 6.
All I want to do at night is crash!

I get up at 420, I'm going I'm usually into my working sets by 5...
I'd like to train later, I'm more flexible later in the day, not as stiff, but this works well for not interfering with anything, and nothing ever interfering with it

I'm a morning person but I can only do cardio early. Can't lift a toothpick before 10am so I prefer later in the day.
I tend to work around my schedule on any given day, especially when in chocolate production mode so anything from late morning, mid afternoon or early evening - depending on when I have enough of a break.

Even though sometimes I just want to crash in the evenings, I usually feel heaps better if I just drag my sorry toosh off to training LOL