• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

n9rve

I'd like to see some training programs for strictly hypertrophy for enhanced guys, preferably 5 days or so days a week. Anyone want to help a new guy out :D?

Push, Pull, Legs type routines have always worked well for me in terms of Hypertrophy.
Should be a few threads on here about them.

Push, Pull, Legs type routines have always worked well for me in terms of Hypertrophy.
Should be a few threads on here about them.
Can you please give me all your movements, on/off days, rep range and sets/rest interval if it's not a hassle?

http://www.ausbb.com/showthread.php?t=29114

About half way down is what I started with but changed a few things along the way.
The push A and B got flipped around as per the thread.
You can do deads on the pull days if you like them.
Can ditch the 5x5 stuff for 3x8-12 if you don't want to work on strength but I like to keep it up in any program I do or I lose too much when I go back to the heavy stuff.

El Stiffy did a program/thread somewhere too, which is the original PPL that I followed.

Rest is generally 2-3 minutes for the heavier stuff, 45-60 seconds for the higher rep exercises. Should be in/out of the gym in 45-60 mins.
I just rolled with Tuesdays off as it suited me and my work but you can have any day off you like or do a rotation of A's, have a day off then all B's, then another day off. It can be quite taxing if you haven't trained 6 days/week.

Im liking the look of a pull push program and also this PHAT program, I like the sound of phat because it incorporates both styles of training

I modified the PHAT program a little bit, how's this lookin kunce?

Monday: Upper body: (3-6 Minutes between sets)
BB Rows - 3 sets of 3-5 reps
Pull ups - 2 sets of 6-10 reps
Seated Rows - 2 sets of 6-10 reps
Flat DB Press - 3 sets of 3-5 reps
Dips - 2 sets of 6-10 reps
Seated DB shoulder presses - 3 sets of 6-10 reps
EZ Curls - 3 sets of 6-10 reps
Skullcrushers - 3 sets of 6-10 reps
Tuesday: Lower Body (3-6 Minutes between sets)
Squats - 3 sets of 3-5 reps
Hack Squats - 2 sets of 6-10 reps
Leg extensions - 2 sets of 6-10 reps
Deadlifts - 3 sets of 5-8 reps
Leg Curls - 2 sets of 6-10 reps
Standing calf raise - 3 sets of 6-10 reps
Seated calf raise -2 sets of 6-10 reps
Wedensday REST
Thursday: Back and Shoulders/Biceps Hypertrophy
BB/Pendlay Rows - 6 sets of 3 reps
Seated Rows - 5 sets of 8-12 reps
DB rows - 2 sets of 12-15 reps
Close grip pulldowns - 2 sets of 15-20 reps
Seated DB presses - 3 sets of 8-12 reps
Upright rows - 2 sets of 12-15 reps
Side lateral raises - 3 sets of 12-20 reps
Friday: Lower Body Hypertrophy
Squats - 3 sets of 15 reps
Hack squats - 3 sets of 8-12 reps
Leg presses - 2 sets of 12-15 reps
Deadlifts - 3 sets of 8-12 reps
Leg extensions - 3 sets of 15-20 reps
Seated leg curls - 2 sets of 15-20 reps
Standing calf raises - 5 sets of 15 reps

Saturday: Chest and Arms Hypertrophy
Flat DB/BB presses - 6 sets of 3 reps
Incline dumbbell presses - 3 sets of 8-12 reps
Hammer strength chest press - 3 sets of 12-15 reps
Cable flyes - 2 sets of 15-20 reps
EZ Preacher curls - 3 sets of 8-12 reps
Hammer curls - 2 sets of 12-15 reps
21's - 2 sets
Seated DB tricep extension - 3 sets of 8-12 reps
Cable pressdowns with rope - 2 sets of 12-15 reps
Cable kickbacks - 2 sets of 15-20 reps
Sunday REST

If you like it give it a go. Consistency is key. ..kunce
Looks pretty good, not used to isolation movements though and yeah consistency seems to play the biggest part in training, that and getting my broteinz in

3-6 minutes between sets??? Are you talking about the whole session or just the couple of exercises where the reps are low?
As an example, the first session you've got there, there's 21 sets. You'll be in the gym, sitting around for 60-120 minutes. That doesn't include lifting time!

As Sherk says, give it a go and then adjust it from there. Make sure that once you get something you're happy with, give it time to get some results. Don't follow it for 2-3 weeks and then throw in the towel because you don't seem to be making gainz

Don't rest no where near that long.
I finished both Upper and Lower Hypertrophy days in less than 45 minutes.
Also had Back and Shoulders done in 53 minutes, and Lower Hyper Trophy in 60 minutes.
I added between 3 and 5 sets extra as well.

Im confused as fuck I read half of the PHAT program and it said power days are for 3-5 reps and keeping it at 5-6 min rests if I can't complete sets, you reckon 2-3 min at most?

Just try it and see what you need.
If you haven't trained for a while, you won't be needing 5 mins as you won't be lifting heavy enough yet

Definitely don't start off with your rep range maxes here. Go lighter and work up as you progress over the weeks.
For example, I can do 100kg bench for 8 reps. Instead my 3-5 rep max on power days is 90kg to start with.
I've never done specific strength training before so I can't comment on rest times, but I can consistently lift the same weight with far less rest.
3 minutes maximum in my eyes, but it's all depends on what you're used to and how your body takes it.

Thanks dudes figured it out, just going to continue what Im doing at the moment which is progressive overload (afaik), I start with 2 warmup sets for each exercise with bar only then work my weight up starting at 12 reps down to 3 rep max or 1MR then I deload the weight and increase reps like a pyramid. I do that for compounds like bench and squats, is this a good way grow and get stronger? Because I went from 59kg to 80kg doing this. Yes yes Im 80kg now :D

Can you please give me all your movements, on/off days, rep range and sets/rest interval if it's not a hassle?
Would you like him to do your workouts for you too?

You have no knowledge of taking steroids, you have zero knowledge of how to put a workout together
There's nothing enhanced about you