• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
G

GYMRVT

Hi so im new to the forum and I was thinking of buying a lifting belt but i dont know whats the difference. I was on my usual and see many options but are there really any differences or is it just the look of it? Helpp!:confused:

Last edited by a moderator:
Depends how serious you are about your lifting, but a quality leather 10-13mm, 4inch belt like an Inzer from Loaded Lifting will see you right for a good number of years.

To add, I have a 4" 10mm Inzer lever belt from Loaded Lifting and it's been fantastic. Likely to last a lifetime, unless I morph into a fat kunce.

If you are not using it right, it won't matter. But as stated, get a good quality leather belt. Lever belts are fast to put on and take off.

don't use one anymore, used to cut into my side going deep in squats, caused more trouble than good.

Dat dere spare tyre, CT. Love handles forever.

no its the leg/hip angle, when you (if you do, you probably don't) use a stiff leather belt, and squat atg, it cuts into your side.

maybe i wore it too low? dunno. maybe thats why they brought out the softer ones? either way i don't have love handles, i don't store my bf on the sides (genetic i guess).

nice try tho woodpecker.

edit: you do realise my avatar is ME, do you see love handles??? seriously. im not 8% but i have shape, you can see the muscles below = not that fat.

infact if i did have love handles, then it wouldn't cut into me..

Last edited:
no its the leg/hip angle, when you (if you do, you probably don't) use a stiff leather belt, and squat atg, it cuts into your side.

maybe i wore it too low? dunno. maybe thats why they brought out the softer ones? either way i don't have love handles, i don't store my bf on the sides (genetic i guess).

nice try tho woodpecker.

edit: you do realise my avatar is ME, do you see love handles??? seriously. im not 8% but i have shape, you can see the muscles below = not that fat.

infact if i did have love handles, then it wouldn't cut into me..
Typical post from someone with love handles

You guys think the price point matters that much? Is it all in the buckle?

Looking at a 'sweat central' lever for 70 bucks or something silly.
Seems like a better option than the big players for now

You guys think the price point matters that much? Is it all in the buckle?

Looking at a 'sweat central' lever for 70 bucks or something silly.
Seems like a better option than the big players for now

Can only speak for myself, but I just put it in context with what I pay for supplements etc. on an annual basis, and with that in mind, paying another $50-80 more for a tried and trusted brand that will last me for years of lifting seemed a no brainier.

Thanks everyone for the feedback. Im looking at these leather ones by schiek sports now on my usual supp store I buy from. Now should I get a "contour" one? Will it fit better and more comfortably? Dont want to pick a bad one from my online store.

I have a lever belt from Underground Elite. Has served me well for 3 years so far with no signs of age. Buy once and pay the little extra.

I need one too if I'm gonna attempt that standing press comp again, too old and will buckle like a matchstick without one.
So what is this lever belt? I'm all for practicality.

Good thinking [MENTION=17307]OBee[/MENTION]; [MENTION=9039]D1cko[/MENTION];
Just bought a Harris 13mm

Only using for overhead press and squats
[MENTION=12395]Grunta[/MENTION]; Just an easy and trendy belt... One flick of the hand and you're free

Thanks everyone for the feedback. Im looking at these leather ones by schiek sports now on my usual supp store I buy from. Now should I get a "contour" one? Will it fit better and more comfortably? Dont want to pick a bad one from my online store.

Why do do you want a belt?
you looking at doing powerlifting?