• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
Yeah studies can be manipulated.

In the case of measuring low back strength, there was no way to measure it, as there was no way to isolate it, if you cannot isolate a muscle you cannot measure it, and studies are based on being able to measure accurately.

up until 1985 or thereabouts there has been a tool in exsistance that effectively measures the strength of the spine.

it wasn't until 6 months ago that I actually understand a little of what had been written, before then I was ignorant, I see things in a very different way now, when I converse with people, they do not understand and get angry, and confused, so I don't talk about it anymore, I just do it, most people at the gym I go to also just go through the motions, having no idea of the benefits these machines are adding to their lives, they literally just go through the motions, and even then the results are remarkable.
some will spend just 30 Minutes a week on exercise, 90 seconds a week on one particular machine is the difference between being able to exercise or spend most of their time in pain.

legitamately, the only way to measure muscle activity in the scientific world, is probes like needles IN THE MUSCLES then get them to contract,

does anyone beides me realise, with a needle in your muscle you cannot contract the same???

am i alone here? or is everyone fucking stupid??? seriously, this is what we are dealing with.

EDIT: BASICALLY EVERY STUDY IS FALSE!

Last edited:
i walk the walk every day bitch! more than you do.

edit: where's your photo's punk? my avatar IS ME! unlike you hiding like a bitch

what, I do not need an avatar; I aspire to be built like spongebob.

And, golly, am I supposed to be impressed by yours?

I just burst out laughing, and we all know laughing is good. thanks CT :)

Perhaps if it allows you to reduce the chance of injury, move more weight in an exercise that does not directly target the lower back, or both it has merit?

Exercise is something you do to strengthen the muscles that support and move the skeleton, the muscles support and enable movement.

the muscle deep in the body as opposed to the surface one have specific roles.
the further out the more rom they work in, closer to the bone the more they become stabilizers.

doing one or three rm's are real risky, I don't believe they provide much benefit to anyone that doesn't need to do them.

It may be how you wear it as well. I wear mine high on the back, lower in the front. I get a nice compression from the belt then.

And no, you don't have larv handles. I was giving you a poke.

what, I do not need an avatar; I aspire to be built like spongebob.

And, golly, am I supposed to be impressed by yours?

I just burst out laughing, and we all know laughing is good. thanks CT :)

prove it, where's your picture? your demanding me to show my update? wheres yours

Last edited by a moderator:
legitamately, the only way to measure muscle activity in the scientific world, is probes like needles IN THE MUSCLES then get them to contract,

does anyone beides me realise, with a needle in your muscle you cannot contract the same???

am i alone here? or is everyone fucking stupid??? seriously, this is what we are dealing with.

the way to measure strength is simple, and that's to apply force against resistance and measure the foot pounds, but this to be accurate needs to be do isometrically, at certain angle of rom, with the resistance execactly the same, but the muscle need to be isolated, which is impossible to do on many exercises.

good stuff grunta.

I get around two-thirds of my bench on Military press, so I am hoping to see you get near 95-100kg with a bit of work.

Trained shoulders today, but sitting press, lower back still tight, I'll start practicing my standing press slowly and light, build up whatever keeps me stable, that's where I find I struggle most.

yes, but for guys doing regular heavy lifts, why not use a belt?

Yes, I would agree avoid belt as much as possible, but for the 5% of very heavy lifts, why not.

Yeah, I haven't worn a belt in 20 years, but when I attempted the SOHP I thought, shit, I should have worn a belt for this.

Trained shoulders today, but sitting press, lower back still tight, I'll start practicing my standing press slowly and light, build up whatever keeps me stable, that's where I find I struggle most.

good stuff, I reckon that is best way to go.

You have a lot of strength, much more than I; you just need to persist and build up slowly.

Yet another thread derailed....OP will be sorry he ever asked WHICH belt to buy, I doubt he gives a FLYING FUCK what anyone thinks about wearing them or not.

You've promoted yourself to elite level lifter now?

you are actually the one that so-called derailed the thread if that's what you mean you numpty

Last edited:
what, dicko I right to remind us what thread is about.

Maybe you/we should have started a new thread about whether belts are justified.

Fact is that many people merely just want to discuss belts.

But, I can handle justified criticism at times.

what, dicko I right to remind us what thread is about.

Maybe you/we should have started a new thread about whether belts are justified.

Fact is that many people merely just want to discuss belts.

But, I can handle justified criticism at times.

Shit people are touchy.

i just asked the op whether he was powerlifting, and why he felt he needed one.