• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
I need one too if I'm gonna attempt that standing press comp again, too old and will buckle like a matchstick without one.
So what is this lever belt? I'm all for practicality.

good stuff grunta.

I get around two-thirds of my bench on Military press, so I am hoping to see you get near 95-100kg with a bit of work.

They are useful aside from squats/DL/OHP etc. especially if you have any back issues. I actually haven't worn one for almost two years. I have been looking at some new ones recently, and will reintegrate it into my routine. On another note, I can BOBB row 100+ quite comfortably with no lower back discomfort, but when I do T-bar rows (with or without the actual handle, sometimes I prefer to just hold the bar) there is tremendous pressure on my lower back and abdomen in comparison to BOBBR. Given the position isn't that different, it's purely a product of the location of the weight. Anyone else find that?

They are useful aside from squats/DL/OHP etc. especially if you have any back issues. I actually haven't worn one for almost two years. I have been looking at some new ones recently, and will reintegrate it into my routine. On another note, I can BOBB row 100+ quite comfortably with no lower back discomfort, but when I do T-bar rows (with or without the actual handle, sometimes I prefer to just hold the bar) there is tremendous pressure on my lower back and abdomen in comparison to BOBBR. Given the position isn't that different, it's purely a product of the location of the weight. Anyone else find that?

tbh, building those muscles up from not relying on a belt, ive found, way improves injury prevention. but everyone is different.
since ditching the belt, i haven't been injured, not sure if its directly related, but im not going against my instict that says its partly related.

So you're saying nobody should wear a belt unless they're powerlifting?

No I was asking why he wants to wear a belt.

But to answer your direct question to me.

and we go over this time and time again, fucking.
a competitive powerlifter, as with most competitive sports, exposes an individual to injury, how one goes about preventing injury is very controversial maybe worth a discussion, which usually goes nowhere fast, as a person is reluctant to change, even if one is getting a little benefit from what their doing, so conversations are useless, especially in this field.

For the lifting hobbyist, if they need a belt to exercise, do you think they are addressing the actual problem?
do you think that by strengthening those muscles that support the spine might be the solution to the problem.

the abdominal muscles do not support the spine, the muscles that support the spine actually do this.

studies suggest, and these studies are collected by hundreds and thousands of people throughout the world for the last 50 years have gone unnoticed because of the success rate, and scares a lot of people in the industry, it would put a lot of people out of work, now, you might say I'm crazy, but from what I've read and experienced and seen over the last 40 years of my life this is true.

tbh, building those muscles up from not relying on a belt, ive found, way improves injury prevention. but everyone is different.
since ditching the belt, i haven't been injured, not sure if its directly related, but im not going against my instict that says its partly related.

You're on to something here.

yes, but for guys doing regular heavy lifts, why not use a belt?

Yes, I would agree avoid belt as much as possible, but for the 5% of very heavy lifts, why not.

studies suggest, and these studies are collected by hundreds and thousands of people throughout the world for the last 50 years have gone unnoticed because of the success rate, and scares a lot of people in the industry, it would put a lot of people out of work, now, you might say I'm crazy, but from what I've read and experienced and seen over the last 40 years of my life this is true.

real life experience and observation trumps studies any day in my book, because ive worked where study's have been manipulated, and i was the tech performing it, then i see the paper and im like, whoa? thats not what happened, you obv skewed the results, i saw first hand, raw, exactly what happened, im the person that did it to them!!

since then my belief in studies had severely degraded... and my trust in myself and instict is starting to rise.

yes, but for guys doing regular heavy lifts, why not use a belt?

Yes, I would agree avoid belt as much as possible, but for the 5% of very heavy lifts, why not.

is the 5% er actually posting on here? its more 1% tbh.

are they squatting 300kg (my mate does in comp, i do NOT)

think about it

think about it? one does not need to be strong to be working at a maximal effort that puts strain on body.

You should think about it dipstick

Perhaps if it allows you to reduce the chance of injury, move more weight in an exercise that does not directly target the lower back, or both it has merit?

think about it? one does not need to be strong to be working at a maximal effort that puts strain on body.

You should think about it dipstick

you seem extremely small minded. nowonder you never made it anywhere...

Perhaps if it allows you to reduce the chance of injury, move more weight in an exercise that does not directly target the lower back, or both it has merit?

brings back to ego-lifting... so a belt allows you to lift more, so its better???
cmon bro, if your surrounding muscles can withstand the weight, you will lift more with progression! a fact!!!

do not rely on a belt, or a suit to do that. or your a injury ticking time bomb.

real life experience and observation trumps studies any day in my book, because ive worked where study's have been manipulated, and i was the tech performing it, then i see the paper and im like, whoa? thats not what happened, you obv skewed the results, i saw first hand, raw, exactly what happened, im the person that did it to them!!

since then my belief in studies had severely degraded... and my trust in myself and instict is starting to rise.

Yeah studies can be manipulated.

In the case of measuring low back strength, there was no way to measure it, as there was no way to isolate it, if you cannot isolate a muscle you cannot measure it, and studies are based on being able to measure accurately.

up until 1985 or thereabouts there has been a tool in exsistance that effectively measures the strength of the spine.

it wasn't until 6 months ago that I actually understand a little of what had been written, before then I was ignorant, I see things in a very different way now, when I converse with people, they do not understand and get angry, and confused, so I don't talk about it anymore, I just do it, most people at the gym I go to also just go through the motions, having no idea of the benefits these machines are adding to their lives, they literally just go through the motions, and even then the results are remarkable.
some will spend just 30 Minutes a week on exercise, 90 seconds a week on one particular machine is the difference between being able to exercise or spend most of their time in pain.

you seem extremely small minded. nowonder you never made it anywhere...

you deserve everything you get on this site.

full of talk, but you never walk the walk, you mostly criticise from what I observe of you.

You know it all and are really good, but hell we never see anything of you.

you deserve everything you get on this site.

full of talk, but you never walk the walk, you mostly criticise from what I observe of you.

You know it all and are really good, but hell we never see anything of you.

i walk the walk every day bitch! more than you do.

edit: where's your photo's punk? my avatar IS ME! unlike you hiding like a bitch

it wasn't until 6 months ago that I actually understand a little of what had been written, before then I was ignorant, I see things in a very different way now, when I converse with people, they do not understand and get angry, and confused, so I don't talk about it anymore, I just do it, most people at the gym I go to also just go through the motions, having no idea of the benefits these machines are adding to their lives, they literally just go through the motions, and even then the results are remarkable.
some will spend just 30 Minutes a week on exercise, 90 seconds a week on one particular machine is the difference between being able to exercise or spend most of their time in pain.

What are you talking about specifically here?