• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
100kg Front Squat @ 85.5kg BW.

Couldn't believe I did it so I squatted it again just to be sure lol, that's why 2 attempts shown in video.

Havnt seen any ego lifting in these threads yet.

i was referring to mysef, ive had so many injuries over the last 6 years, i've taken a step back and over the last 6 months have slowly increased and finally injury free for the first time in 6 or 7 years. my back is feeling good, my knee's are good.... FINALLY!

edit: to clarify, my trying to outlift others would be ego lifting. i lift what i lift and stick to the plan to remain injury free. make sense? last injury it was a 1.5x bodyweight squats for reps... destroyed me, my mind said yes but my body said no.

no ego lifting for me.

Last edited:
i was referring to mysef, ive had so many injuries over the last 6 years, i've taken a step back and over the last 6 months have slowly increased and finally injury free for the first time in 6 or 7 years. my back is feeling good, my knee's are good.... FINALLY!
Yeah fair call that. Also been much more careful myself this year. And bam. Just pulled 240x1 on a stiff bar tonight haha.

Yeah fair call that. Also been much more careful myself this year. And bam. Just pulled 240x1 on a stiff bar tonight haha.

awesome! thats what i mean, the numbers will come up on their own, unless you go outside the comfort zone, and then it may just goto shit and be injured for months. 2 steps forward 10 steps back.

no more for me. dedicated to keep the progress in the positive direction from now :)

Last edited:
It doesn't have to be ego lifting to have a bit of rivalry and competition. It can be enough to spur you on and improve your lifts where you might not have previously been giving it 100%

It doesn't have to be ego lifting to have a bit of rivalry and competition. It can be enough to spur you on and improve your lifts where you might not have previously been giving it 100%

well maybe thats where your and my training differ, im always giving it 100%. ie, 100% that my body allows at that time.

but im over attempting something i deep down know i can't do, just for the sake of posting it online. and thats what i call ego lifting, its a mistake ive made in the past.

You might believe it's 100% at the time but you may have had another 2.5kg in the tank, who knows unless you attempt it and you may not attempt it in as short a time frame when competing only against yourself

I am going to post tomorrow; it will be dismal, but it will be a start.

Have not done front squats for a long time, so hoping for bodyweight.

On this one, it maybe straight to bottom place.

I am going to post tomorrow; it will be dismal, but it will be a start.

Have not done front squats for a long time, so hoping for bodyweight.

On this one, it maybe straight to bottom place.

Mate, it will be better than not putting up any video's at all :)

yes, that is right. I actually like his kind of fun pressure, once I commit, I tend to pull my finger out.

Unfortunately, after squatting 160kg in comp in 2011, i have struggled to get anywhere near that since my serious knee stress fracture.

I would love to get back to 120kg+ by end of year. It will certainly help my masters sprinting aim to run a reasonable 200m again.

jungnaut,

only if you are fresh for it; no need to go maximal too often,; that depends on each person's ability to recover.

jungnaut,

only if you are fresh for it; no need to go maximal too often,; that depends on each person's ability to recover.
With smart program you can pheasably max out once a week on one lift. But ego will kill you quick. Haha

What comprises 'smart programming'?
Careful consideration week to week in terms of training volume and intensities.
These variables can be adjusted day to day or week to week based on recivery rates. You would have to work up to it of course.
You might max on squat this week, bench next week, deads the following, then another pressing movement, then back to squats etc. When i say max, i mean any RM. Not just 1rm. You'd program around them with appropriate volumes/intensities to ensure that you continue to recover ok. Keeping an eye on fatigue based on week to week or in some cases day to day performances.

It was more a reference to auto regulated training. Some reading on this topic clears alot of my rabble up. Its how i train (aside from my hypertrophic experiment this past 7 weeks - which has worked well, though next time ill be making some adjustments as i went a little tooo hard haha) when training normally.
For that block, the first 4 weeks i did 4 days per week, 4 exercises, 4 sets to max starting at around 60-65% using ascending sets. 60-65-70-75 for eg. And the weight went up every week. so basically i "maxxed out" every set of every exercise. Then the final 3 weeks i did it for 6 sets. Near killed me. next time ill do 6 weeks. 3 and 3.