• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Admin

Administrator. Graeme
Staff member
What are some unconventional training methods/exercises/routines that have worked really well for you?

I guess they may not be that unconventional, but with rows I've added a bit more weight and used a bit more momentum and tried to extend the weight as far as possible downwards. As per the Ed Coan vid.
I'm also loving bent over dumbbell rows, both hands at once. Looks spastic but works a treat.

Gave these a go yesterday. Middle and upper chest was spasming by the end of the workout. The long bar crush grip push ups will now replace my regular push ups.

Last edited:
without bein a dick, my physique irl destroys that dude above, he has big bicepts, like everyone does, and NOTHING else. wtf.
post better links bro

I guess they may not be that unconventional, but with rows I've added a bit more weight and used a bit more momentum and tried to extend the weight as far as possible downwards. As per the Ed Coan vid.
I'm also loving bent over dumbbell rows, both hands at once. Looks spastic but works a treat.

I don't think there's anything wrong with that, in fact I would go as far as to say for most people it's almost necessary. I watch PTs at the gym training noobs and it's always the same, back at about 80 degrees almost parallel to the ground, slow movement static hold at the top retracting the scapula. That's all well and good with 20kg, but you aint' doin' that with 110kg on the bar.

lets get this straight. building bicepts is the EASIERST bodypart to grow, big bi's def do not impress much.

full body is another story!

without bein a dick, my physique irl destroys that dude above, he has big bicepts, like everyone does, and NOTHING else. wtf.
post better links bro

I'm with the other guys here, pics aren't loading, money where your mouth is etc etc

lol fukn oath m8, pic isn't loading on mine as well. do I need to install new update from Chrome for it to be visible?

The best program for hypertrophy I have experienced thus far in my lifting adventures is the Big But Boring Challenge from Wendler based on 5/3/1 program... by far. Reel Tawk!