• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Admin

Administrator. Graeme
Staff member
Steroid users, any regrets? Non-users, what would sway you?

remember Ausbb does have an Anonymous posting feature

Part of me wishes I'd learned everything I know now prior to starting, especially RE diet
But I think in long term, it will not matter

Yes.

A few years ago I worked as a bouncer, just about everyone I worked with was on steroids and knew a ton about how to take steroids because most of the guys were bodybuilders, two of which compete regularly. It didnt take long before I gained an interest having never taken steroids but always being curious. The guys hooked me up with 100 D-bol tablets, then injectables which I started taking near the end of the D-bol cycle. they also told me how to take a post cycle (I forget the proper they called it) so I could keep much of my strength and gains. I did this for nearly 6 months injecting two 2 shots twice a day total four injections in my thighs both 2.5mls per shot total 10mls per day.

Heres the situation because its everything, its where I screwed up.
* Working 12hr shifts on about 4 - 5 hrs sleep. (Lack of rest)
* Eating like a pigeon some days and like a pig on others due to lack of sleep or simply not having the time.
* Working out as much as time would allow but not having a regular well thought out program.
* Not having a well thought out and prepared cycle plan and not getting all the gear together before starting.
* Not knowing the difference between quality gear and rubbish gear.
* Listening to guys who really had little to no idea of what they where talking about.

The Effects;
I got a bloat, which I thought was muscle gain.
I got pain in my joints and ligaments from over training and trying to do too much weight.
After the bloat left me I ended up losing more size then I started with and along with it my strength.
A few months later I partially tore my bicep tendon and blew out 2 lower discs in my back, which is a direct result of the weakening of ligaments etc from steroid use and over training, which is still holding me back today.
I spent a ton of money I didnt have and got nothing for it. In fact I paid to loose just about everything I had initially worked hard for.

The moral of the story is that if your going to do steroids, you better do your homework and be damn sure your ready. Steroids dont work if your not experienced in all aspects of Diet, rest, training programs etc etc etc.
Steroids dont work if you think that all you need to do is eat and lift. Its like handing a 5 year old the keys to your car and saying all you need to do is turn the steering wheel go for it.
Im not embarrassed in the slightest that this happened, but I dont mind sharing to wake up a few dreamers.
My coach told me when I started. "You have to think like an athlete." That means I take things like my diet, rest and training very serious and as reward I am climbing mountains everyday and I am happy with what I am achieving. I have no desire whatsoever to take steroids I dont need them, I am comfortable with who I am.

Much love

Last edited:
I'm about to take my first cycle with a prohormone called Razors Edge, has 75mg winny and DMZ in it. Current stats 75kg 5.10" 22 years old

That stuff is hepatoxic you know?
Yeah I know PH are hepatoxic, it contains Dimethazine 10mg, 75mg Stanolozol + Carbopol 5mg (Time Released).

I plan on running for 4 weeks, the owners of the company say 8 weeks but I don't want to risk that on my liver.

What else are you going to run with it and after?

May I ask why you went straight for a product with multiple ph's instead of just one? How will you know which product is causing whatever side effects you get?

Yeah I know PH are hepatoxic, it contains Dimethazine 10mg, 75mg Stanolozol + Carbopol 5mg (Time Released).

I plan on running for 4 weeks, the owners of the company say 8 weeks but I don't want to risk that on my liver.

That's not a "prohormone" lol that's two different steroids
75mg of winstrol is one hell of a first cycle

What would sway me?

Losing both my nuts would sway me.

if I was single without family and had no self respect or hope for achieving something with my life, that would sway me.

Can I show the website I got it from? Comes from USA but comes through customs 100% otherwise they re-ship. Do you think nolva ED at 20ml daily for 30 days should be fine for PCT? I wanted to go with clomid but people say nolva for pct

EDIT: Isn't DMZ a PH though?

Last edited:

From memory, a typical stana dose is 50mg ED or 100mg EOD, so 75mg EOD is about right, ED for 1st cycle prolly a little too much.

What would sway me?

Losing both my nuts would sway me.

if I was single without family and had no self respect or hope for achieving something with my life, that would sway me.

think your horse a bit too high, mate, how you gonna get off that with out a crate?

Can I show the website I got it from? Comes from USA but comes through customs 100% otherwise they re-ship. Do you think nolva ED at 20ml daily for 30 days should be fine for PCT? I wanted to go with clomid but people say nolva for pct

EDIT: Isn't DMZ a PH though?

I thought this thread was called "Any regrets and what would sway you"

Though this conversation would be enough to sway anybody. I dont see at 22 years of age any justifiable reason to use steroids fullstop.

Last edited:
I thought this thread was called "Any regrets and what would sway you"

Though this conversation would be enough to sway anybody. I dont see at 22 years of age any justifiable reason to use steroids fullstop :(.
Maybe my brain is on YOLODROL

having gone down that road in late 20's, I would suggest stay with food and hard training as long as possible. you will be much stronger and healthier in the longer term for it.

My experience, I gained 15% strength, maybe more, so that is what I learned from it.

If some had told me this from start, instead of the bs I heard, maybe I would have been less willing to join my mates down that road.

But who knows?

Wisdom is always easier in hindsight.

would I take them again? yes, but only as part of a study to see if gains are any different for an older guy when compared to a youngster, or is the gain similar?

I would also be interested in whether there are any effects on other health parameters associated with ageing.