• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Puggy

Famous for his deadlift expertise, here is Mark Rippetoe's how to on the Squat.
Specifically the low bar squat, but some of this can definitely be applied to high bar.
Picked up some nice form fixes.

The whole Starting Strength lift series in this guys Art of Manliness channel is well worth a watch.

I agree that the videos from AOM are excellent and much more succinct than his DVD. My only issue is that I cannot low bar squat with a thumb on top grip without getting really bad golfer's elbow so I have given up on thumb on top and now squats are feeling a lot better. MR isn't wedded to the thumb on top - for him it is much more important to get the bar into the right position.

In the end, wherever you stick the bar so long as you're squatting it's all good.

I have been over to the US twice for his seminars, last time I went to his gym for a week beforehand, I learned a lot.

In the end, wherever you stick the bar so long as you're squatting it's all good.

I have been over to the US twice for his seminars, last time I went to his gym for a week beforehand, I learned a lot.

That's wicked! Was the seminar material similar to the starting strength DVD? Being personally formchecked by Rippetoe on the main lifts would've be a dream come true I reckon.

They tweak things from one seminar to the next, but the guts of it are the same, really. The press is the most changed.

He has produced a lot of coaches as good as him at coaching the lifts. They do most of it, he's mostly around for moral support. But he did coach me one-on-one for a few sessions the week before. More interesting to me was the other stuff discussed, since I'm more interested in other people's results than my own. An ordinary coach can use a good system and will thus be a good coach, that's the real genius of SS - using it makes even me look smart.

I have a fucked back so he said to me, "you're like the white, weak Lamar Gant."