• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

its like saying we dont need to train we are just strong
because we are strong

no we are a product of our environment

a warmup prepares us for what we are about to do which is different to what we have been doing eg walking standing sitting

but go for it i dont care if you destroy your joints

its like saying we dont need to train we are just strong
because we are strong

no we are a product of our environment

a warmup prepares us for what we are about to do which is different to what we have been doing eg walking standing sitting

but go for it i dont care if you destroy your joints

No, I should of been clearer, the "go and spend 15 minutes on the treadmill" is what I'm talking about.

i haven't done a warmup in 30 years prior to a workout and my flexibility and joints are very good.
in those 30 years I've done a range of things, from being very active to sitting in a chair all day.

mind you, I'm talking about gym work, what Taurus does is a tad different, he swings around the joint like a gorilla.

What at are we "warming up"?

are muscles cold, is that it?

i think it's just another something we blindly do because we were told to.

I dont really warm up, I call it grinding the joints in and doing a test run, if no clicks or squeaks are heard I'm ok to load up. You call it lubing the groove or whatever, same purpose, most of us will simulate the movement with a lighter weight one way or another before going full load.
But having said that, to answer your question I think it's the body core temp we warm up, it's normal for me to take the jumper off after a couple of sets. So I think that's what the warm up reffernce is to.

I just use the weight really, I'll do a reverse bridge hold, then I have a few things I do using the bar, then I just work up to my weights..
I train early, so if I'm tight I'll do a spiderman stretch and some I do portal stuff, but nothing too much

No, I should of been clearer, the "go and spend 15 minutes on the treadmill" is what I'm talking about.

i haven't done a warmup in 30 years prior to a workout and my flexibility and joints are very good.
in those 30 years I've done a range of things, from being very active to sitting in a chair all day.

mind you, I'm talking about gym work, what Taurus does is a tad different, he swings around the joint like a gorilla.

well i agree there

a treadmill isnt preparing you for squats

squats prepare you for squats

Five minutes on the rower, medium pace, them start on lite weights

Have never warmed up, I am never that cold.

Start with a lighter set then add the weight as you go along, the first set or two are the warm up.

That's a warmup fuken

Well different people have different ideas, when I used to go to gyms i would I see plenty of people doing all sorts of weird and wonderful things in the name of warm up, from jogging on the spot, jumping around like a jack rabbit, doing all sorts of stretches, riding stationary bikes etc etc all in the name of a 'warm up'.

If I am cold I put a jumper on, walk into the gym, put some weight on the bar and start lifting, adding weights as the set goes along, when done walk out and get on with your day.

I don't stretch or do cardio, just a light set unless I'm in a hurry then its straight into it, so yeah its a warmup but I dont wave a stick around or perform strange movements. I also don't grunt or make ridiculous noises while clapping my hands together in order to let everyone in the gym know I'm going to lift.

Only "warmup" on a compound lift which I try to do first, I figure after that its all good to hurt some shit and if its going to break, it'll break on the first set.