• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
How much time do you think you need to recover and sleep?
get in there, do your workout and then get out, all this can be done in less than 45 min
if you think you can't do that 3 times a week and recover then you must be an AIDS patient

the reference was to 6x a week and 1 day rest, did you even read?

All other debates aside, doing a full body workout 3-4x a week would get incredibly boring. I know there are endless exercises for each muscle group, but I enjoy focusing on 1-2 muscle groups a session.

exactly how doesn't singular muscle groups get boring? please explain your reasoning.

challenging yourself is in itself the idea, it never get boring. i only opens more and more posabilaties as your body grows to accept it.

One exercise for 3-4 sets max for each body part, done in 45min no problem
it can be done because I've been doing it

But I'm not here to try and convince anyone, I'm just talking about full body workouts because that's what this thread is about

Yep, I'd be doing full body too if I had all the time in the world to recover and sleep. Throws a hammer in the works when there's not enough of either!

What the hell are you on about?

The requirements for recovery is not recovery and sleep.

the requirement for recovery, is sleep and improved conditioning.

if you are not improving your conditioning, no amount of rest time will help you.

if you think splitting body parts up throughout the week is more productive to improving your general condition you are very wrong.

i just don't know many ways to write it.

a stronger muscles is what moves the body, it's not the respitory system.

But I'm not here to try and convince anyone, I'm just talking about full body workouts because that's what this thread is about

Either way you cut it, a full body workout is more time efficient.

whether it's more productive, nobody knows, if it was ever proven though I'd still stick with a FB, purely because of its efficiency, I've got shit to do throughout the week.

productive, it depends on the individual, and what they've done before. im not sure its good for beginners, but ppl with a solid base, yeah its aight. i don't do it, tho i've recently incorporated a hybrid version. based on my physique and frequency and expectations.

ie: think for yourself! don't rely on a platform to tell you what to do, learn it, do it, try it, and find what works for you.

Last edited:

How much rest between sets and what does your typical workout look like?

I like them when I'm cutting.
Spend less days per week in the gym lifting so I can do more cardio on the other days. I also keep the rest periods minimal so it burns the cals as well

I'm not whipped like you kunts.

I walk around the gym on any given day and do what the fuck I want.

Listen to your body. Look in the mirror.

Come in to read about people variants of full body routines...

End up reading about people using gym as home, and batting there

Everyone who starts lifting has cut their teeth on a full body routine, well should do.
another reason for the efficiency of a FB workout...

i relation to warming up, it's not really required in a full body workout, if you start with the biggest muscle, of the lower body.