• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Puggy

Hi All,

Recently I stumbled across some of the ATHLEAN X channel video's.
Founded by Jeff Cavaliere who is a physical therapist and personal trainer in America.
Any extremely key salesman too by the looks of his videos!
He has a pretty good history of training top athletes and sports teams (New York Mets).
On researching I discovered some controversy over his marketed training techniques, specifically on an American bodybuilding website - we all know which one and how it can also be 'controversial'.
His techniques supposedly look at training in a 'whole new light' with the addition of more natural movements that do not create future muscle and joint problems.
He seems to dote on some of the poor exercises that we as a bodybuilding community have adopted despite some of the science behind them being bad.

I tried some of these 'quick' fixes that Jeff adds to some age old exercises.
Also used some of his stretches and mobility drills and I discovered they actually work.

What do you guys think of Jeff and his programs/concepts?
Do any of these work for you?

SHOULDER MOBILITY DRILL

AB EXERCISE

POSTURE CHECK & EXERCISE

ROTATOR CUFF EXERCISE

ROTATOR CUFF STRETCHES

I haven't watched him too extensively, but what I have seen has mostly been reliable enough. I know I've heard him say things I disagree with, but that's mostly trivial. His general approach is reasonable enough, even if there's room to disagree on exactly how to apply that: activate the muscles through exercises that allow sufficient overload, that don't contribute to injury and that do contribute to improved health/function; do this in a balanced manner.

I really like the different information he puts out there, definitely worth a watch especially for any trigger points / mobility issues you have.

I haven't watched him too extensively, but what I have seen has mostly been reliable enough. I know I've heard him say things I disagree with, but that's mostly trivial. His general approach is reasonable enough, even if there's room to disagree on exactly how to apply that: activate the muscles through exercises that allow sufficient overload, that don't contribute to injury and that do contribute to improved health/function; do this in a balanced manner.

Excellent response. The gym needs to be about balance, I completely agree.
There are so many different opinions on all the issues the surround the gym, so we should take ideas from each and consider them.

Another good one I watched tonight. The right way to do Lateral Raises! Very logical.

I started trying this after watching this video. First time I've ever been able to enjoy lateral raises. I'm disappointed in myself for not having thought of this modification sooner.

Jeff just posted this 2 days ago. Him vs CT Fletcher in a tricep-off.

Have you tried the gauntlet? I only do it with baby weights but man the pump is insane
There's another one of CT with Mark Bell and Silent Mike all doing it, killer tri session

I started trying this after watching this video. First time I've ever been able to enjoy lateral raises. I'm disappointed in myself for not having thought of this modification sooner.

It's definitely a good one. I find myself coming back to many of his video's and re watching every element of his movements.

Keep watching his videos. You'll see how effective his routines are. He is very detailed with his advice.

It's the only channel I watch on youtube. Great vids!

He sounds like he has just run up a flight of stairs. Thats probably the tren doing that......

wouldn't be Tren would it? He certainly looks to be running a shorter ester T or something.

Anyone actually had a look at his Training Programs - WOW.

He is an Coach of Athletes not Bodybuilders or Powerlifters that's for sure.