• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

kaz

iLift
A FORMER bodybuilder who consumed 10,000 calories a day washed down with seven to eight energy drinks has tragically died from liver cancer at the age of 39.

Fitness fanatic Dean Wharmby — who was told he had weeks to live last November — blamed his illness on his quest to attain the perfect bodybuilder’s physique.

The father-of-one also admitted to taking steroids at the beginning of his career as “everyone did it”.

He passed away at a hospice with his partner Charlotte Rigby at his side,*The Manchester Evening News reports.

In his bodybuilding days, Mr Wharmby ate high-calorie junk food, such as burgers and pizzas, to help him build his weight.

But after his diagnosis he completely changed his diet, cutting out sugar and meat in favour of natural remedies and vitamins.

Mr Wharmby’s cancer was first diagnosed in 2010, and as he battled the disease, he admitted his high-protein, fatty diet may have led to his illness.

“It was because I was trying to be as big as possible,”*Mr Wharmby told MailOnline in March.

“I can’t say it was the diet for sure, but things like the energy drinks could be contributing factors. Red meats — all things we have found out have so many impurities in them now.”

Tributes flowed for the popular personal trainer after his death last Sunday.

“Dean showed us all no doom or gloom, even in his darkest times,” Mr Wharmby’s partner, Charlotte Rigby, wrote on Facebook.

“He fought through times where some people would crumble with a smile on his face and a big heart and he never gave up. He had such strong beliefs and I know that where he is now, he is free.”

i-cant-see-shit.jpg

Funny how a number of cultures live on red meat and fat and do just fine and dandy. I'm guessing that the lifestyle included a few "recreational" substances, which would have been more the issue, plus genetics.

Funny how getting rid of the meat and fat cured the cancer. Oh, wait.....