• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
Flipping tyres, throwing deadballs, alot of Monkey bar work, battle rope work all on top of strength training.

The actual race mentally tough especially when your knackered and you know you're only half way. Most of the obstacles are easy with maybe 3 or 4 being quite physically demanding.

ha! me and a friend were actually looking into some obstacle courses yesterday.

Unfortunately Perth doesn't seem to get tough mudder coming to it any more but we have one called Tru Grit i believe which looks pretty intense

Her and I are going to start training for one and see how we go for some fun! :)

Keen to see everyones thoughts on it

ha! me and a friend were actually looking into some obstacle courses yesterday.

Unfortunately Perth doesn't seem to get tough mudder coming to it any more but we have one called Tru Grit i believe which looks pretty intense

Her and I are going to start training for one and see how we go for some fun! :)

Keen to see everyones thoughts on it
I've done true grit too, I found that alot physically tougher then tough mudder.

I've done true grit too, I found that alot physically tougher then tough mudder.

Interesting, i've just come off a torn abdominal wall and a knee recon 12 months ago so not sure if i'm up for it haha but really keen to get into one of the more hard core ones

True grit was quite hard, tough mudder is mostly running. 21km with 20 odd obstacle. true grit was 8km with 20 obstacles, most of them required alot of effort!
My normal training was enough for me not have any problems with the courses. The best part is the optic. So many hot girls, usually out numbering the blokes 2:1!

The thought of getting electrocuted/tasered completely drenched in mud and shit sorta puts me off lol

The thought of getting electrocuted/tasered completely drenched in mud and shit sorta puts me off lol

I believe the one here is different to france so they won't be populating the mud with poop :p

On the other hand....i've always wondered what it feels like to be tased haha

I ran (like 1/4) of true grit with taurus, dudes an animal haha.

If you want an easier race try a Spartan stadium race.

Doing my 3rd TM in September. I'm far from being athletically gifted and the running was the hardest for me. Running in general just sucks and have never been good at it.
Currently I do 2 strength workouts and a complete full body body weight routine. 2 long distance runs and 1 all terrain run, hills, dirt etc.
A month out I just run as far as I can and stick to more body weight routines and as many pullups as I can plus hill sprints to get up that ramp.

I think the course is more a mental slog and if you can survive not slipping over and breaking something you'd be sweet.